Thread: Citalopram Side Effects

Question Citalopram Side Effects

Hey everyone! Just joined today as I'm a little concerned about the side effects I'm experiencing. I've been taking Citalopram (10mg) for around three weeks now and I've started having lots of head pain. I've also been feeling extremely tired - even if I have a relatively good night's sleep. Has anyone else experienced these side effects?

Thanks xx

Re: Citalopram Side Effects

Hi Jad,

I've been on Cit for 9 1/2 weeks, 3@10mg, 3@20mg and now on 40mg.

Amongst other side effects, I get headaches, though for me they were worse after a few days into each dose and then eased off the longer I went, they still come and go, but are not as bad now. Though not sure if this is the same thing.

Tiredness/Sleep wise my GP had mentioned other patients had complained about tiredness, so to take the Cit on a night, which I did for the first dose, and it ended up keeping me up for ages. I switched to taking my pills on a morning and after a couple of weeks on 10mg I started to feel tired, so then moved my dose back to just before bed (but over several days to try and not upset my Cit levels too much). At 40mg forgot about the initial insomnia and got it back on the first dose. I moved my dose to tea time and then slowly back to bedtime to get round the insomnia.

I've forgot my pills a couple of times and took them first thing on a morning, which makes me quite tired and feel a bit like I'm hungover on an afternoon.

Hope this helps.

Everyone experiences different side effects and some lucky b*ggars don't really get any at all.

The tiredness seems to be fairly universal though, I get it, its fairly normal.

I haven't really had headaches, but its also a common one.

Give this a good read through, its got everything you need to know here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46980

Ive been on 10mg for a week now (had it before afew years ago too) Experiencing very dry mouth, tiredness and had a head ache since starting on it. They do pass tho.Xx

Thread Information