Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Constant numbness in leg that doesn't ease up

Constant numbness in leg that doesn't ease up

Hi,

I haven't posted in a long-long time, but I am worried sick about the constant numbness and heaviness in my right leg, thighs, all the way up to the hipbone!

I have had this nagging numbness for a few months now but less noticeable and today I have been pinching my leg as it is sleeping and numb the whole day and it feels very heavy, I also can't sleep with it as it just feels restless! Its not painful but very uncomfortable!

Please someone help me! I am terrified it means a clogged vein and that I will lose my leg!!!!!

I've got 2 people in my extended network that have had that happen and they have had their leg amputated!

I am terrified!!!!!!!!!!! I have been sooo depressed today, I don't even want to live if that's what's awaiting me

Somebody please help, I am literally sick with worry and bad thoughts!!!!

Re: Constant numbness in leg that doesn't ease up

Also, I forgot to mention that I have a lot of pressure in my head and I worry it's all to do with bad circulation and I am going to have a stroke! My father had died after a stroke and his circulation collapsed too!

So sorry for the dramatic post, I am just soo scared! xx

I have the weakness in my right leg (used to be the left) and a constant annoying headache lasting for 5 days so far. I presume it's all linked to anxiety. I hope it improves for you.

Hi Olney,

Thank you so much for your reply!

When you say weakness in your leg, what do you mean by that? My leg is actually constantly numb like the blood just doesn't flow through it or something! :-(

xx

Mine isn't numb as such but it feels like a struggle to walk on it, although I always get where I'm going. My headache is sort of like a tight band, or something pressing down on my head.

So sorry to hear about ur dad!my mum suffered a massive stroke this yr but luckilh she is still here.now one of my biggest fears is havin one to.but im sure ur not!especially as u have had it for a while.my mums came with no warning at all xx

Hi Pitita,

I’m sorry, I don’t know
    ...but just wanted to say ‘Hi’

I hadn’t been on here much myself until a few months ago either. I hope your absence means that things are much improved now.

Have you asked your GP about it? In the absence of any real facts the mind often seems to settle on the most extreme outcome, even more so when there’s some real life evidence to back it up. But more often that not there’s a perfectly ordinary explanation that your doctor could reassure you of.

Also, the mind is very good at creating symptoms when a person spends a lot of time thinking about them, and this could be making something trivial feel far worse than it really is.

Take care
    Nigel

what tests have you had done? like if your leg is always numb you should get seen by a doctor .

Hi Pitita, i don't think it's anything serious. I do have that prob (not headache tho') with 'numbness'. It usually means a bit of a trapped nerve. If you've had it for a long time I would see the GP just to get it sorted. Take care x

Hiya Pitita

Like already said maybe you should see your doctor or phone NHS direct or similar and explain what you are getting to them if only to put your mind at rest.

I get heaviness down my left leg, arm and face but it's nothing to worry about I'm told. Mine doesn't actually go numb and I can still feel sensations and use my arm and leg as normal... it just doesn't feel like it is mine if you see what I mean.

Same goes for the pressure in the head... I get that too but I try to ignore it and it goes away as I know it's only stress, tension, anxiety etc and quite often poor posture and not eating or drinking properly.

This site is great but none of us are doctors so we can only compare 'symptoms' which is not the same as seeing a doctor and although it may put all our minds at rest to know others get the same thing it's always better to get a professionals opinion too x x x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information