Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Re: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Hi, I have tried 5mg of inositol on and off for the past 3 months. Unfortunately I can't say that I notice any difference when taking it. The trials indicate it to be effective on its own but to have no additional benefit when taken with AD's. This appears to be the case for me as I am taking citalopram, there is no additional benefit of taking inositol.
    Last edited by oldtime; 17-05-11 at 22:00.

Hey all! I've been taking this for about 4 days now - and I'm now SUPER DEPRESSED! Anyone else had this happen? I can't tell if I'd have got depressed anyway (more than likely), so whats causing what!??

I'm pretty sure it helps the sleep though which has been a major problem, and now I'm far too unemotional to be arsed to have anxiety. Well, I think so anyway! Christ I think I'm unsure about everything//!

Ouch, sorry if this is a confusing post... !!!!!!

Nats x

Hi,

My fiance very kindly bought me some Inositol tablets from Holland and Barrett today, will 3 x 650mg be enough to help my panic, or would I need to take extra?

I was going to get the powder, but my fiance bought the tablets as I am going through a hideous time and he is doing everything he can to help me, so I will try these first.

Thank you for this thread... I'm very scared about taking citalopram because of the side effects, but I do need to do something as I'm having a rough time with anxiety and panic attacks at the moment... After suffering for 12 years this is the first time iv heard of this! Iv just brought the tablets from holland and Barrett.. 1000mg each which says to take 1, twice a day!
    I'm really hoping it helps xx

Very helpful. Thanks!

I'm going to start taking 3x650mg tablets per day and, if I feel any benefit, start upping my daily dose.
    I'm on 15mg Mirtazapine, which is helping me sleep, but does leave me a bit groggy when I get up for work (at 5am). Just recently, however, to give me a 'caffeine hit' at that early hour, instead of a strong coffee, I started drinking half a can (250ml) of the 'Relentless' energy drink. Strange thing is, when absent-mindedly looking at the list of ingredients on an empty tin, guess what ? It contains inositol

Update (for anyone who's interested):
    Have to report good things, even though only been taking Inositol for 3 days.
    Played havoc with me in terms of diarrhea on days 1 & 2, but that has stopped now (did I read it has a 'detox' effect on the liver?). But... last night, I had the most restful night's sleep I've had for weeks which made me more alert and refreshed at work today than I've been in a long time. Also, although negative thoughts do still surface, I am able to put them out of my mind and concentrate much better on the task at hand (though that could be purely a result of the aformentioned restful sleep).
    In short, I am pleased with the results so far, and am going to keep taking it. 3 x 650mg daily is wayyy below what others have taken, but I am quite a small person physically, so is it perhaps possible that I don't need a big dose ? People that are physically bigger than me could drink quantities of alcohol (when I was younger) that were much higher than I needed to get 'merry', so maybe 1950mg of Inositol per day achieves for me what higher doses does for other people ?

Fairyclairy, if you're taking 2 x 1000mg per day, I'd be interested to know your experiences of Inositol, as you're taking almost the same amount, in total, as me !
    Last edited by floundering; 29-09-11 at 20:41.

Hiya to all,
    Is anyone else like this RE; meds/vitamins etc not sure if its a phobia or not but i,m scared to take anything different......but i,m so interested also in taking inositol.......i do take 40mgs of prozac and have done on/off for years was told by doc to up to 60mg yrs ago.....did and felt terrible so back to 40mg.

I,m just so scared of taking anything new fearful of it triggering a panic attack but i also suffer depersonalisation when i,m panicky and its terrifying.....hope some can help/advise please.
    Manda xx

Hi floundering..

Im really scared of taking any medication but i did start with the 2 tablets a day... i then freaked myself out when i read it could make you dizzy so i dropped to 1 a day... then my ibs really kicked off so i stopped taking them thinking the inosital caused it. I however think it was just bad timing and my ibs would have kicked off anyway so i am planning to start again on the 2 tablets a day (once i get over this flu iv got at the mo) so i will keep u updated.
    How are u doing with it?? x

Hi everyone, just to say that a few months ago I was struggling quite badly with anxiety and I am completely certain that a teaspoonful of inositol a day, dissolved in water, made a difference. I was also using positive affirmations ("today is a good day", "it's just another blip", "I am a good and worthy person" etc) and a breathing exercise taught to me by a counsellor.

I wholeheartedly recommend inositol as I have had consistently good results with it over two and a half years (taking it on and off).

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information