Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Failed ATOS medical, next steps, please help

Re: Failed ATOS medical, next steps, please help

got the call back, by someone who didnt seem sure of themselves.

said the appeal is ongoing still, but as there was queries on the case, and the medical was not
    up to standard, ill need to do it all again.

i think id like to re-write it all anyhow with additional stuff and updated info, rather than ask for
    the old one to be resubmitted.

i asked for a statement of reasons on why i need to do this all again, i was told the DM would be notified of this.

To come back now and say you have to go through it all again is in my view totally unacceptable, if they (ATOS? JobC?) have got it wrong its not your fault and you should not be harrassed like this...have you considered going to the Welfare Rights...I think you should.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno58 View Post
    To come back now and say you have to go through it all again is in my view totally unacceptable, if they (ATOS? JobC?) have got it wrong its not your fault and you should not be harrassed like this...have you considered going to the Welfare Rights...I think you should.

J.
    im not familiar with welfare rights, what will they do? are they a free service like CAB?

yes it sounded like the person on phone didnt want to tell me the exact reasoning for the situtation, was mumbling kinda reading out aloud from the screen, about too many queries and medical not up to standard, as atos admitted. One staff said they had never come across this situation, eg appeal going on but then sent back to stage 1 to do questionaire and medical all over again.

Yes welfare rights are like CAB and there is no cost to use them, you should have an office not far from you, you'll need to do a search but if you have a CAB they will know, ours only open certain days/times, I haven't used them myself but my wife has, she saw 2 people at different meetings and one was the aggressive type!!! he rang the local office concerned and blasted them...she also attended an appeal and won her case easily...she was and still is very sick.

DWP/JobC and ATOS are a complete shambles and we must remember Jobcenter staff are being cut back as ATOS are doing some of their work...! 40 staff at our local JobC were made redundant in the last 6 months, I have a photo of the local newspaper's story..the headline read, Jobcenter cuts 40 jobs!!! its all crazy...ask me anything and I will try to find the answer.

J.
    Last edited by Bruno58; 06-10-11 at 19:36.

I completely agree with Bruno.

It sounds to me (and I'm just guessing here) that they have completely screwed up, and are trying to bluff their way through to get the paperwork they need (I wonder if ATOS have lost your original?!). That's why I'd personally get on to the appeals section and speak to a manager, but Bruno has the better idea of Welfare Rights (who I haven't heard of).

I wouldn't change too much of your original paperwork if you resubmit (you have a copy then I guess?), unless you've consistently got worse. After all, it's an ongoing condition you're claiming for. But again that's just me and my humble opinion.

Let us know how you get on

If you can't find Welfare Rights do an online search with Google, type in your town or city and welfare rights which should bring up lots of results, same if looking for your local CAB, you should be able to email them or/and find the local office, ours comes under Lancashire County Council.

They don't make it obvious these sevices are available to the public, a representative from WR can go with you to an tribunal appeal if you need/wish for support, they will also write/phone the JobC etc for you to help with problems, it does depend a lot on the person at WR how they approch a particular request for help and advice but you should find they will make progress for you, I am speaking from my wife's experience with these matters, I am considering using them myself soon.

J.

Yes that where you need to go

J.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno58 View Post
    Yes that where you need to go

J.
    website is confusing me.
    there doesnt seem to be an office locator.

I fought my benefit for months and basically it was a waste of time and energy. I have letters from my GP, filled in the forms, had a home visit, went to tribunal and won but still no money.

I have written to David Cameron and told him that the system doesn't work. And in fact the stress they have caused me has a tendancy to make me sick again.

I really hope you get somewhere and please don't think I am being nasty here but I really wouldn 't get your hopes up.

They have driven me absolutely nuts with their incompetance and rudeness and lack of understanding.

But now I have a new form to start the process again as you are reviewed yearly - almost laughable!!!!!

Good luck x

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information