Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried about sepsis

Re: Worried about sepsis

I was pierced with a needle, it was all very sterile and they threw away the needle after using it. The stud is just an L bar.

I was feeling pretty good all today, but the last few hours my nose felt weird inside, so I had a look just now and there was fresh blood coating the inside of my nostril, where the septum is. So now my mind is in two parts, either the bottom part of the bar was rubbing the inside and made it bleed or it's infected and that made it bleed because it's not like a proper nose bleed, there's just blood in there and if I wipe it away more appears. The bottom of the L bar was a bit bloodied too but I don't think there was any blood around the piercing hole itself.

I'm not anywhere near my piercer now, hopefully the one in the town here will check it for me or something.

Just as I thought I'd escape this. Nope.

Given how you are in the UK, have you tried a walk-in clinic or calling the 111 number?

I did call 111 before but they weren't helpful, just said general piercing care things. There's no walk-in clinics that are close enough.

When was it that you had the piercing done? Bleeding after getting a needle rammed through your flesh really is expected, it even happens with generic ear piercings.

It was just over 2 weeks ago now and the piercing itself isn't bleeding, that's why it's sort of more of a worry, I know it would be completely unusual or even unheard but it just seem so weird, like bleeding in the nostril that's not coming from the piercing. And it because it's just a slow small amount it makes me think infection.

Ugh, I just woke up and instantly had a nose bleed, only short but still. It didn't appear to come from the piercing again. I even saw a nurse and a piercer last night, they both pretty much echoed that it is nothing to worry about and probably not the piercing. :(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information