Thread: Dizziness When Tilting Head To One Side Or Back?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dizziness When Tilting Head To One Side Or Back?

I have been having issues with kind of a dizziness when I adjust my head to lay down at night or if im sitting up and tilt my head back I feel a little dizzy.

Its weird about three months ago I noticed when leaning down to look under the bed or under my truck I felt kind of dizzy.. It went away for awhile but then its back. I was leaning my head back to look up at the television and felt a little dizzy.. A year ago I was at the doctors office and they were cleaning my ears out and I told them leaning back I felt a little dizzy and the doctor knew I was nervous and just said I was anxious.

About a three months ago I was at the doctors office and she checked my arteries and my neck and my lungs and my heart and did an ekg and found nothing. At the time I wasn't really experiencing a issue with dizziness but this morning I had the problem again . Sometimes at night when i get up to to to the bathroom and come back to lay down I ,when putting my head down I get kind of a weird dizziness.

I do have ear issues from time to time and wonder if this is causing it? I worry it might be my arteries but the doctor said I had no heart or artery issues or lung problems. I told her about the time I had my ears cleaned out by her and she said I was anxious..she reminded me that I was anxious.. and didn't really think much about it. She said it could be caused by inner ear trouble . If I had artery trouble would she know it by examining me? She has taken over an hour going over my neck and ears and eyes and everything and said there was no reason for any test or concerns .. Once again I reminded her of my dizziness that time and she said that its was hyperventilation. The times that I have had dizziness i wasn't nervous so what could it be? A bad artery?

Lately my pulse rate has been about 75 to 77 in the mornings and very seldom goes below 74 in the daytime and the other night I noticed it at 64 and it wouldn't go up at all. Its been skipping everyday . not to much but during the day and at night about three or four times a minute sometimes and others not.Is all the just anxiety or could it all be related..?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Dizziness When Tilting Head To One Side Or Back?

It could be an inner ear disorder or even a muscle in the neck called the sternocleidomastoid playing up.

I don't think it's anything serious to do with your arteries from what you've said, although migraines can also cause dizziness - even if the headache is absent.

Check out that muscle and dizziness Michael.

Take care

Never Surrender, Comrade

It could be a mild form of BPPV. Little crystals become dislodged in the ear. My dad had this twice as well as my brother in law. However, they were extremely dizzy.

i had this when i had an inner ear infection.

i was very dizzy when i tilted to one side.

check with your doc, but sounds like ear issues to me.

I have had ear infections since I was a child. I have constant ear problems,water in the ear and also hear my pulse in and also pain in the ears quite a bit.It must be related to that and tmj because its not constant..I moved around and shook my head back and forth yesterday after posting this and did movements that most people would pass out from some it must be something to do with my ears.. it comes and goes and well to all my life I have had issues with standing still and all of a sudden feeling like I was falling. At 55 I should have been use to it by now. I guess with age everything gets worse,also the weather has been bizarre here.. fog,mist ,snow,cold ,warm,freezing, windy,just really bizarre so that is probably the problem..Thanks to everyone that wrote .Michael

I get exactly the same as you on occasions, and it usually happens when my sinuses are playing up. I can normally clear the dizziness in a day or so by inhaling some menthol and eucalyptus mixture which you can get at any chemist. Just put some of the mixture into a jug or bowl, add boiling water; put a towel over your head and inhale the steam. I have had ear and sinus problems for a long time and hate that dizzy feeling.

Thread Information