Thread: Choking feeling and Tingly Face

Choking feeling and Tingly Face

Hi All,

this is my first time doing this so forgive the lack of knowledge of whats gone before.

A few months ago I woke in the middle of the night with a tingling burning sensation going up my back and upto my head. This then lead to a full blown anxiety attack where I couldn't breath etc. I went to ER and they diagnosed me as having an anxiety disorder.

Since then I have had various tests on my digestive system as this is, and has been, an area that is affected. What worries me is that I have a feeling of choking and a tingly feeling at the back of my neck and my face. Does anyone else have these symptoms?

By the way I have found vitamin B12 and eating bananas good at reducing my anxiety level. I also take Lexapro .

Steve

hello Steve,

I get those bsame feelings in my neck and face quite a lot, normally when I'm feeling very anxious. It's a very common sysmptom of anxiety so don't worry as you are not alone..

Sarah

HI Steve ,

Are you taking the Lexapro for this ?

A sensation of choking and throat restriction is one of the most common signs of anxiety

Tight throat : MORE HORRID SYMPTOMS!!!!

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

I too feel as though I am not getting enough air and that tingly feeling in my face. So you are definately not alone.[^]

tessa

Hi Meg (and all),

to answer your question regarding Lexapro. Yes I was given the drug to help with anxiety. It does seem to help but I don't like being on it. I have started exercising a lot and have tried to come off it but the anxiety levels build up again. It takes about 5 weeks to have your system adjust to it so it can be difficult to asses its immediate benefits.

I also noted that Vitamin B12 can make the anxiety worse to start with until your body adjusts to it.

Regards,

Steve

Thread Information