Thread: Constant stabbing pain in left breast

Constant stabbing pain in left breast

Does anyone know what causes this. It comes and goes but it is sore when it starts. I dont know if it is anxiety related or something else.

Re: Constant stabbing pain in left breast

Hi,

I had this last year and got in a complete state over it. It went on for weeks. Period wasn't due so I went to the docs who examined it and said she couldn't feel anything abnormal. As usual I couldn't accept that and for another fortnight was convinced I had breast cancer. Doc was lovely and sent me for a mammogram. I was in such a state at the hospital that they showed me the pictures and let me see a doc who explained that everything was fine and that many many women get stabbing pains for long periods of time. Apparently its really common. Try not to worry.

Thank you for your reply, i think it is stress related the more i think about it. I havent had it atall today. thanks again, glad you are ok

My mum had stabbing pains, think she said it was like someone stabbing a knitting needle through her nipple. Anyway, she had tests done etc and she was put on a high dose of evening primrose oil by the consultant. It was several years back now, and I don't know they still prescribe it, but in my mum's case it worked very very well.

i put on this the other day too

on wednesday i got like a gripping pain in my left breast lasted for 3-5 seconds at most but about 10 times in half an hour then stopped. it felt like someone was grabbing it and running a knife through it and i have no idea what caused it either as i have been relatively panic free for months until this week since this happened

It is hard to describe but it feels like the lower side of my left breast and it is a constant stabbing pain that comes and goes, i have put it down to stress. I am not one for going to the doctors so i will just have to deal with it when it happens. My advice to you though would be see your GP just to get it checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymillion View Post
    Does anyone know what causes this. It comes and goes but it is sore when it starts. I dont know if it is anxiety related or something else.
    I had this yesterday.
    like a stabbing tingle through the left breast just for a few seconds.then its gone...
    mine lasted 20 mins in total.
    can relate totally.dont know what it is..it freaked me out and had to get my health anxiety tool[bp machine] to check my blood pressure,it was fine.
    can see im not the only one whos experienced this.

I am having this now this stabbing pain is in my left breast along right side of left breast, I can pinpoint exactly where it is,. I am having no other symptoms of heart attack, I had this once four or five years ago, I thought it could be due to anxiety or stress. Started up again three days ago today lasting for hours coming and going, really freaking me out

Thread Information