Thread: Flu, Aura and Worried About Bite

Flu, Aura and Worried About Bite

Hi All,

I am currently on holiday in New York and not having the best time health wise. I got bitten by an insect on Monday and have a big red swollen spot where it had bitten me, including what looks like 2 big teeth marks. On the same day, I started to develop cold like symtpoms - the sore throat, runny nose. I kept getting paranoid that they were linked but my boyfriend reassured me.

Anyway, my cold developed to a full on flu like virus - I have the worst congested head in years, feeling really shaky at times too. I took it easy on Wednesday but yesterday we were out sightseeing all day and I developed my first migraine with aura in years, my last one happened in 2010. I got so freaked out as we just got up from the subway, we had to ait in a coffee shop and I had to close my eyes for 10 minutes to let it pass.

I didn't have a headache afterwards but then I didn't when I had them before. I am really paranoid now, are these symptoms all to do with my bite?

Also, the aura happened after the subway took a big dip and the pressure in my head went so bad as I am completely congested, I wonder if that could trigger it?

Sorry for the long post, I am flying home tomorrow and can't wait to go back. Just really upset that I'm out here and getting all of these set backs :,(

Milk x

Re: Flu, Aura and Worried About Bite

Hey I'm exactly in the same boat right now! I've just returned from holiday last week. And I've had a constant worry that I have a disease i can't get rid of. I've been checked for malaria, everything has come back clear. My blood counts are so spot on.

Although I'm getting better. I was told its definitely all in my head and anxiety, because I've been such a worrier in the past.

I've felt, nausea, headaches, aches in my legs, tingling in my hands/arms, sometimes I feel weak too! It's all on and off and one thing will set off then stop, then another symptom will appear!

Its awful, but your anxiety can lead to so much and make you think irrational things which progresses you to create your own symptoms!

Thread Information