Thread: I'm new 😁😁

I'm new 😁😁

Hi all
    My husbands idea for me to join a forum such as this as he is hoping it will give me some guidance and help me not feel alone!

I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks although these are rare! My anxiety is a constant day thing and always around mine or my children's health and I am always worried something bad is going to happen! I always worry about cancer .. I think it's come from watching my father in law pass away with this very quickly and hearing such horror stories online!

I go through times where my anxiety doesn't present itself and then times like now and the past few weeks and i had stomach pains and convinced myself i had a stomach cancer or ovarian cancer!
    My daughter has baby warts bless her and after reading a story about a young boy with marks that are similar but a lot worse having a rare cancer .. I am now worried that she has something else and it's not warts!
    I get obsessive about things health wise and i have no idea how to control it!!

Any suggestions??? I feel mad at the moment and my son is showing signs of anxiety and he is only 5!

Thank you all xx

Re: I'm new 😁😁

Welcome!! You're in good company here

Cancer is my worry thing too-I watched a close relative pass away a couple of years back and since then there have been 3 or 4 cases in work, mostly youngish women and bowel cancer (one is in a very bad way). Sometimes it's hard not to think you will get sick too, but then you have to remind yourself of all the fit and healthy people who far outnumber those 3 poor ladies

It helps me just to know that other people have the same thoughts and fears as me and perhaps we're not all that strange!

xx

Hi and Welcome!

HA (Health Anxiety) is a crippling anxiety problem where people involved worry about their health so much they tend to act out by having OCD tendencies and spending valuable time looking up their particular "illness" they are afraid of and ruminating, researching and reassuring themselves that everythings going to be okay.

I'm going to bypass all that and say everything will be OK. This thing with your daughter is probably nothing, warts are common in small children. Any ache pain in our bodies is most likely a fluke.

What we do suggest on here is to never google anything and to stay away from researching your problems as its merely a resource and not a doctor.

Another thing to do is mindfulness, I am fine NOW my daughter and son is completely healthy NOW we are breathing NOW, be present. If somethings going to happen 10 days from now 100 years from now, thats just it, its not happening NOW.

Are you going to let your HA take you away from enjoying your family today? How about instead you decide to enjoy them as much as you can and forget these fears thats all they really are and most likely will be in the future.
    Last edited by Holds1325; 12-04-16 at 22:47. Reason: typo

Welcome to the forum! I worry about cancer too, just loved ones getting it.

I'm having a moment with ovarian cancer too. These worries are horrible but know you're not alone.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Thread Information