Thread: Skipped heartbeats during exercise??

Skipped heartbeats during exercise??

Hi all, i sometimes get skipped heartbeats while exercising. These scare me and make me not want to keep exercising.. other than that i feel fine tho. can it be because i havn't exercised in a long time?

I have had heart test in the past, quite a few times only because i used to have anxiety about it. The tests were always fine. However the last time i had any test is over a year ago. Im 28 year old.

Should i be worried or just keep exercising?

Re: Skipped heartbeats during exercise??

I found that this happened to me when I was sedentary most of the time and then tried to exercise. Once my body had 'got used' to exercising again, they disappeared.

I think a lot of anxiety sufferers become sedentary as they don't want their heart rate to increase for any reason. I know that's what happened to me.

Based on my experience, I recommend getting checked out by a doc. My heart palps are benign per my cardiologist after lots of tests, but he did say that one should not get skipped beats during exercise (it should be the opposite - if you get heart palps, they should disappear during exercise). Skipped beats during exercise warrants a visit to your doctor imo.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information