Thread: Breast biopsy

Breast biopsy

hi everyone

I have a question. or maybe some tips. I have a small, hardish lump in my left breast at the underside. 6 radiologists have checked it and they say fibrocystic breast. Radiologist nr 5 did a biopsy and came back as fibrosis. I think the area didn't grow for at least 6 months. But as you can imagine, I am terrified. what if they biopsied the wrong area (but I checked the screen and she did hit the right area). What if the pathologist didn't read the sample right.

Radiologist nr 6 (went there yesterday) said it looks fine. I wouldn't even biopsied it. just relax you're fine.

is this my anxiety talking? anyone else have fibrosis in their breast and how does this feels? Mine feels like a lumpy lump. about 1 cm.

thanks guys!!

Re: Breast biopsy

I understand your anxiety but you have to put trust in the professionals. I had a breast biopsy back in November on a lump. It came back as reactive scar tissue. I had to put trust that the doctor biopsied the right area and the pathologist read it correctly. Your anxiety is yelling at you because that is what anxiety does. Rest assured, they know what they are doing and you're ok. *hugs*

Re: Breast biopsy

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. Yes i know it is weird. And i have to trust them. But i read so many stories on the internet with false negatives etc. Think i need to stop googling.

Thread Information