Thread: Breast worry.

Breast worry.

Hi ladies,

So I'm a little concerned about my breasts (I've had them checked at breast clinic before in 2014 and all was fine) I have a couple of worries, firstly I can get a small amount of milky fluid out of each nipple, it's been about two years since I breastfed and I had to stop quite early on due to mastitis so I'm wondering if anyone else can still produce a little milk?

Secondly, I've had a couple of yellow bruises on one breast, both of which have faded and gone away, they weren't particularly painful but I can't recall injuring the breast other than the strong possibility that hubby gets a little carried away sometimes and I have to tell him to cool off the grabbing (sorry if TMI haha!)

I've checked them and can't feel any lumps or anything of concern.

So do you ladies think I should be worried or will it be okay?

Thanks x

Re: Breast worry.

I can comment on the milky fluid. I had that for a few years after breastfeeding my kids. My youngest was probably 2 or 3 before it stopped. I believe that is completely normal, especially if its coming from both breasts.

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is coming from both. It's been a few days now and I haven't had anymore bruising appear and there has been no pains or symptoms of any kind so I think I must have injured the breast somehow.

I check them every month anyway so I shall write it off as an injury and keep up to my checks.

Thanks x

I get this, too. I don't think it's anything to worry about if you have no other symptoms. If you're on anti-depressants, some might cause lactation.

Thanks for your reply.
    I'm not on any anti depressants so I think it's just one of those things left over from multiple pregnancies. I was also due to ovulate at the time which I realised after tracking my cycle so that could have had something to do with it.

Thread Information