Thread: Endometriosis fears

Endometriosis fears

Hi All,

When I was in my early teens, I used to have very heavy period that came with terrible back pain and some cramping. I went on the combined pill for acne and was on that for about 10 years where I didn't suffer with any period pains at all. I came off it 4 years ago because doctors didn't like that I'd been on it for so long and neither did I particularly. Not long after, the period pains started up again. It varies from month to month but I can usually count on the first day being awful. I have intense cramps from the morning and usually have to be near a toilet because I get diarrhea for about an hour or so along with back pain. Sometimes I even end up throwing up but this has only happened about 3 times. But usually, after about four or five hours of this, it eases up and I can go about my day as usual. My periods themselves aren't as heavy as they used to be and don't even last that long. Day one is constant flow but after that it's about two or three more days of light bleeding.

But having read up on endometriosis, I'm concerned that that could be what it is. Especially bowel related? I don't know if it's normal to have diarrhea with a period and when I wipe, there is always blood but I can't tell if that's from my bum or if it's leaked down. (This is all so TMI, sorry.) If it was endo, would it last much longer than half a day? I've been suffering with hip/back pain for several months that I'm trying to get to the bottom of but don't know if that would be connected. The idea of a laparoscopy is terrifying to me and I know that's the only way of identifying it so if I can alleviate some fears, it may help.

Re: Endometriosis fears

Apparently it is normal for a womans bowel movements to change during their period. Mine do. I always think Im bleeding from behind too - I put toilet roll at my front then wipe the back to check. I panic about this too. x

Thread Information