Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lump question

Re: Lump question

So why would she not just tell me im fine instead of having to go back on 4 weeks. She did say when i go back hopefully they would have calmed down but what if they havent? Will i have to wait another few months for a breast clinic appointment? I dont think i can wait and wait as i cant enjoy my pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicasmummy View Post
    So why would she not just tell me im fine instead of having to go back on 4 weeks. She did say when i go back hopefully they would have calmed down but what if they havent? Will i have to wait another few months for a breast clinic appointment? I dont think i can wait and wait as i cant enjoy my pregnancy
    She did tell you you're fine and is practicing good medicine. You're pregnant. Why would she just send you on your way without a follow up? Stop poking and prodding and things will calm down. As for enjoying your pregnancy? I can't see, based on your posts over the last few years, how you've been enjoying your life let alone this pregnancy

I hope you find relief from having the dragon constantly breath fire down your neck.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have accepted that if she was worried at all she would send me to the breast clinic straight away. I keep feeling new lumps in the same breast which makes me quite anxious but im hoping when i go back to my gp in a few weeks she'll make me feel less anxious

And now ive found another lump in the same breast. I cant handle this anymore

I have a breast like this, I call her my 'problem child' lmao. She's FULL of lumps and bumps, while my other breast has none and is totally normal. I'm actually going for an ultrasound my gp suggested for a lump thats a tad hard. So I really do believe if your GP was the slightest bit concerned, they would have sent you for further testing!

Good luck with your "ladies" and congratulations on your pregnancy

I was ok for a few days then last night in the bath started prodding away and feeling the lumps and went into total panic again. I go back to my gp in two weeks and hoping she'll be able to calm me down and tell me all is ok. Only thing that worries me in when she does a breast examine she wears gloves

I've noticed that as I poke and prod I feel all kinds of weird things. When my OB examines my breasts they don't do it the same way that I do, which used to worry me until I realized that they are doing the exam correctly and I am not!

They way you press on the breast makes a huge difference as to what you feel. I found (and still have) a rather large simple cyst on my right breast and when I found it it was immediately different from the normal lumps and bumps that I felt around it. When they did the ultrasound they could see it was a simple cyst, but on self-exam it felt like the "pea sized lump" people always talk about with BC. Mine was slightly squishy though and not rock hard. If you just run two fingers over the breast it definately stands out without poking and prodding.

Maybe ask your OB to help you learn how to do the self exam so you make sure you're doing it correctly? I know I was definately doing it wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by ktdid2000 View Post
    I've noticed that as I poke and prod I feel all kinds of weird things. When my OB examines my breasts they don't do it the same way that I do, which used to worry me until I realized that they are doing the exam correctly and I am not!

They way you press on the breast makes a huge difference as to what you feel. I found (and still have) a rather large simple cyst on my right breast and when I found it it was immediately different from the normal lumps and bumps that I felt around it. When they did the ultrasound they could see it was a simple cyst, but on self-exam it felt like the "pea sized lump" people always talk about with BC. Mine was slightly squishy though and not rock hard. If you just run two fingers over the breast it definately stands out without poking and prodding.

Maybe ask your OB to help you learn how to do the self exam so you make sure you're doing it correctly? I know I was definately doing it wrong!
    You're right! When I do breast exams I tend to use my finger tips and really press hard (to the point I bruise myself) where my doctor does it gently with the pads of her fingers and doesn't really press in too hard.

I just cant stop touching it and its making its sore and tender now. Im so worried about it. Its in line with all the other lumps i have but i cant help but worry about this one

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicasmummy View Post
    I just cant stop touching it and its making its sore and tender now. Im so worried about it. Its in line with all the other lumps i have but i cant help but worry about this one
    I'm know how you feel. I'm doing the same thing but with my nipple. I keep looking at it because it looks different than my other one and it's freaking me out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information