Thread: Zispin and a drug/no drug life

Zispin and a drug/no drug life

Hi every one

Went to see my CBT Dr yesterday. I have been off Seroxat for over three months now and I am anxious, have health anxiety and feeling overwhelmed. I have ok periods and then periods of great fear. On the plus side I have lost 22 lbs and have some sort of sex drive back..

Anyway, doc reckons that meds should be part of my solution and has recommended Zispin but has warned me of about wieght gain and low immune system.

To be honest I'm a bit gutted to have to go back on medication. I have been trying real hard to live a real life - changed my diet, stopped drinking, more exercise - and yet the anxiety and panic remains.

I'm now hovering between two states of mind

1) Don't listen to doctors - meds only hide the problem and if you are just patient a little longer you can overcome this yourself with practiced relaxation and some CBT work on your thought patterns

2) Meds are going to hep you have the energy to focus on changing your thinking and creating new habits without having to deal with the anxiety as well. People around the work take insulin cos there body needs it - what's different? Don't get hung up on side effects and the fact that your friends don't have what you have - would you rather spend 40 years overweight and happy or 50 years anxious and afraid of being alive

I swing between the two moods every 20 minutes

MC

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
    1) Don't listen to doctors - meds only hide the problem and if you are just patient a little longer you can overcome this yourself with practiced relaxation and some CBT work on your thought patterns

MC

<div align="right">Originally posted by mconlon - 02 June 2006 : 11:52:40</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Do you know what I just noticed... ... you have already proven to me that option #1 (the first thing you have gone with) is what you are more than capable of.
    You said that you have lost wieght, and returned the sex drive (in part).
    The anxiety is still there.

So, Option #2 is gaining weight, lower immune and no sex drive (thats gotta be upsetting) and you still have anxiety AND go back to being on medications.
    Meanwhile your not as inclined to work on CBT (possibly) if on drugs.

Brotha.. #1 is the correct answer and you proved it to yourself and as a witness and encouragement to me and others.
    Dont look back now!

Thread Information