Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant and worrying about my breasts

Pregnant and worrying about my breasts

So after finding out im expecting again ive now begun worrying about my breasts again. I cant get the thought of breast cancer out my head. I dont know whats normal.or not when i examine my breasts. I attended the breast clinic in december and was told i was ok. Would there be any changes in the space of 6 months? I want to enjoy my pregnancy and im really trying my hardest to no go to my gp

Re: Pregnant and worrying about my breasts

I'm not 100% sure, but I though BC took years to become a lump you could feel if it was that type.

You can always at your next preggo appt have your ob give you a breast exam. Just explain you know what to feel for when not preggo but since sooo many changes take place in the breast if he or she would mind just checking you out to be sure everything feels fine to them. Congrats by the way!

I just feel like sometimes its just normal breast tissue then when im anxious my irrational head oops up and tells me its something bad. Ive ruined a lot of time the past year worrying about lump and bumps and dont want it ruining my pregnancy

I cant stop touching my breast its driving me insane and is all i can think about

Quote Originally Posted by lily1 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but I though BC took years to become a lump you could feel if it was that type.
    Not true. Sometimes it can take a matter of weeks to form a bump if its that aggressive. To the original poster: talk to your doc about your concerns and get a mammogram if you are that concerned. It'll help alleviate the stress during your pregnancy.

jessicamummy,

i think if u will read all my posts, you will see that i am in THE EXACT same situtation as you. im pregnant and dont stop worrying or touching my breasts to the point where i feel like im going to get nervous break down.
    at every visit, i ask my ob to do breast exam. that helps a little. i told her last time that i have bad anxiety and specifically with my breast, so she was so kind and did thorough exam.
    i also went for ultrasound, but for diff reason. i urge u NOT to go for any ultrasounds or mammo's. as you know, they only reassure you for couple of days at most.
    perhaps, be open with ur ob/ midwife about ur condition and she will feel ur breasts monthly so u x need to worry.
    also, my breasts have gone from being tiny and to being huge. all the breast tissue feels sooo big. its crazy, so expect tht to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by yummymommy View Post
    jessicamummy,

i think if u will read all my posts, you will see that i am in THE EXACT same situtation as you. im pregnant and dont stop worrying or touching my breasts to the point where i feel like im going to get nervous break down.
    at every visit, i ask my ob to do breast exam. that helps a little. i told her last time that i have bad anxiety and specifically with my breast, so she was so kind and did thorough exam.
    i also went for ultrasound, but for diff reason. i urge u NOT to go for any ultrasounds or mammo's. as you know, they only reassure you for couple of days at most.
    perhaps, be open with ur ob/ midwife about ur condition and she will feel ur breasts monthly so u x need to worry.
    also, my breasts have gone from being tiny and to being huge. all the breast tissue feels sooo big. its crazy, so expect tht to happen!
    Thank you yummymommy i have read your posts and although its nice to see im not along i really feel for you. Im trying my hardest to not go to my gp as the last time.it made me 100% worse. I go on holiday next week abroad and hoping to put it to the back of my mind even though it will be hard as i knoe pregnancy can make anxiety worse

Breast cancer fear is back AGAIN

So after finding out im expecting again ive now begun worrying about my breasts again. I cant get the thought of breast cancer out my head. I dont know whats normal or not when i examine my breasts. I attended the breast clinic in december and was told i was ok. Would there be any changes in the space of 6 months? I want to enjoy my pregnancy and im really trying my hardest to no go to my gp. Im going on holiday next week with my family and want to have a great time and not worry thinking im going to die and leave my kids without a mum. I cant stop panicking its horrible

Re: Breast cancer fear is back AGAIN

Last week, I had a health scare. I had had a breast ultra sound done, and they found something on one of my breasts that they couldn't identify. It's most likely a cyst, but what it is exactly is unknown at the moment... Needless to say, I've been freaking out since finding this out, so much so that I've made an appointment at a different clinic to get a second opinion by an oncologist.

The reason why I'm telling you about this is that you don't have anything wrong with you; the doctor has found nothing. Even if they had found something, you'd have probably been told to come back in 4 to 6 months, just like I was told. Freaking yourself out over nothing is just not worth it. Just enjoy knowing you're well and healthy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information