Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pregnant and worrying about my breasts

Cant stop worrying about a lump i had checked 6 months ago

I attended the breast clinic in december about a breast lump i felt. The gp thought it was a fibroadenoma and the consultant at the breast clinic said it jst felt like normal breast tissue and explained my breasts are like cherry theres and i can feel the cherries so i had an ultrasound and everything looked fine. Im now 10 weeks pregnant and the lump feels more prominent like a smooth ball. Im really worried about it but not sure if its my health anxiety playing up. Would there be much change in this space of time?

Re: Cant stop worrying about a lump i had checked 6 months ago

That's very reassuring that you had ultrasound not that long ago. Maybe it just feels more prominent due to hormone changes with being pregnant. I'd go and see the GP for reassurance and they might just get you in for another ultrasound to put your mind at ease particularly given that you're pregnant (so don't need to extra stress!)

My partner is pregnant and has had similar lumps, nothing to worry about. If you're pregnant then you'll be under the care of the midwives won't you? You could ask them about it at your next appointment? Or if you feel really uncomfortable then you can always see your dr.

All the best

Ive had a good couple of days and really trying not to go to gp and look for reassurance. How can i stop the constant checking? its making an amazing time so stressful. I was going to ask my husband to check for me and if he thinks its anything to worry about then ill see the gp

Re: Breast cancer fear is back AGAIN

Thank you. Im really struggling at the minute and i should be overjoyed with my pregnancy. Do you think there would be much change in my breasts from when i attended the breast clinic in December? I cant help but think the worst. When im rational i tell myself its jst normal tissue but
    My anxiety head tells me its so much worse

Re: Pregnant and worrying about my breasts

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

This is getting out of control now. Last night i was putting bio oil on my breasts as im pregnant and i accepted the lumps ive been worrying about is just breast tissue. Further down the breast about my nipple i felt something and automatically went into meltdown mode. Ive been feeling about and cant seen find it now. But im still worried as it was definitely something. I cant enjoy time with my husband or daughter or enjoy my pregnancy as this is all i can think about

Its positive that you can see that things are out of control.

Did you ever speak to your GP about getting help with your HA.

There are free on line CBT courses which can help.

It is hard work but well worth it.

Yes i was on sertraline but came off it as i became pregnant. Im still waiting on CBT. Im trying my hardest not to feel about all the time

I'm pregnant and I keep checking my breast too. I know it's difficult but you have to remember your breast are changing and you have to leave them alone they're preparing milk and you don't want to do any damage, they naturally feel more lumpy in pregnancy and more swollen so you're gonna give yourself a breakdown if you keep feeling, you're looking for something and finding it, and then worrying. Check once a month, I know it's hard but the way you're checking you will never tell the difference if you have a lump in a month or not, a cancerous lump would feel different to tissue, if you happen to find one go to your doctors, not sure of your age but in girls who haven't had the menopause and are pregnant it is extremely rare and if you see stories on the internet it is because you're looking for them. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information