Thread: Mr. Lentil

Mr. Lentil

Hello!

i know, like in my heart, this is nothing, but the heart and the brain don't always communicate so, I'm looking for a little reassurance.

I'm 36 years old, no risk factors for breast cancer. I have naturally lumpy breasts, go to my gyno for an exam yearly, he tells me everything is perefectly healthy in there.

Which brings us to Mr. Lentil. I have a small...bump, I can't even call it a lump, a bump, that lives at about the 4 o' clock position. It is the size of a lentil and DEEP, like normal BSE doesn't find this, it's part of my chest wall, this is something I found when I was digging with my nails. There are similar things on the other side, but not so...lentil-y. It moves around and is too small for me to really tell if it's soft or hard.

I first noticed it about 2, 2.5 years ago. I had a minor freakout, went for my normal exam, doc felt nothing and told me to stop digging so much, if you dig you'll find any number of things. So once in a while I check to make sure it hasn't grown or changed at all, it hasn't. I was at peace with Mr. Lentil.

Until now. I'm due for my baseline mammogram at the beginning of next month and Mr. Lentil has been resurrected in my mind as an object of horror. Like they're going to take one look at it and go, why didn't you come in earlier? IT WAS THE SIZE OF A LENTIL! DON'T YOU REALIZE LENTIL SIZED THINGS ARE THE MOST DANGEROUS?

So I guess I just need someone to tell me that that if it was an issue, doc would have found it, or it would have grown, or it would have changed, or there would be more of them, etc. Because I'm going to the bathroom at work and lying down and digging at Mr. Lentil every hour or so and I'm bruising myself and getting no work done and driving my husband crazy.

Help.

Re: Mr. Lentil

If it has been there for over 2 years with no changes, I'd be willing to bet it's nothing sinister.

Also, your name is my favorite I've seen so far lmao

Re: Mr. Lentil

Ha, thanks.

Yeah its been about two years since I *noticed* it, could have been there forever before that. I can kinda flick my nail over it, but I have to dig pretty deep.

Yes I know I shouldn't be digging or flicking.

Thread Information