Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a little embarrassed to ask this here...

I'm a little embarrassed to ask this here...

So for the past 3\4 days I'm having a weird issue...
    I CONSTANTLY (24\7) feel the need to urinate but when I go, little comes out...
    Also I feel a discomfort in the penis like there is urine inside it and yeah some urine leaks, I can see drops of urine coming out of my penis unintentionally...
    Right now I'm quitting olanzapine (stopped taking it a week ago) and tapering diazepam, went from 5mg to 2,5mg (to be honest I was in 5mg prescribed by doctor but I usually took 10mg daily because I felt anxious, so the drop to 2,5mg is causing more symptoms probably)
    I'm anxious thinking that this might be due to a neurologic issue, my bladder doesn't seem to hold urine anymore and it is leaking out....
    Could it be from the withdrawals (olanzapine\diazepam) ?

Re: I'm a little embarrassed to ask this here...

Not unusual when your body is battling stress.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Not unusual when your body is battling stress.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks, maybe that's anxiety, and withdrawal symptoms. Yesterday i was distracted with a friend playing videogames and I didn't feel this symptom so must be it.
    Today there was a post about MSA (Multiple System Atrophy) which I didn't know about so I went searching and got scared I have it because bladder\urinary problems are one of the symptoms.
    But to be honest this disease was never reported in 20 year old people from what I've seen so why should I be worried lol
    I finally got rid of my ALS fear, I don't need another fear taking control!
    Yeah, gotta be anxiety and possibly the withdrawals.
    If anyone ever felt the same please reply so I can know I'm not alone!
    Thanks in advance

Just a suggestion, instead of seeking reassurance, why not try to use the very logic you displayed in your post? Knowing that it's a common anxiety symptom, why do you really need several others to tell you that?

Anyway... hope you find the inner fortitude to tame the dragon.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Just a suggestion, instead of seeking reassurance, why not try to use the very logic you displayed in your post? Knowing that it's a common anxiety symptom, why do you really need several others to tell you that?

Anyway... hope you find the inner fortitude to tame the dragon.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    You're right, but damn, anxiety is a monster, one that I will tame, I hope!

Anyway, I have a appointment with my family doctor next Monday and if this annoying symptom persists I will mention it to her just in case...
    Thanks for the replies fishmanpa you have been helpful during my battle with anxiety!

Just wanted to say that I just came back from the hospital. My symptoms worsened so I decided to go there.
    Turns out I have a urinary infection, that's what's causing my symptoms, not anxiety.
    Not saying anxiety can't cause symptoms like what I have but in my case it's not anxiety.

Hi again I don't know what to do, I'm extremely scared. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions but the doctors admitted today that my case is weird. Yesterday something changed and I went from feeling the urge to pee 24/7 to not feeling urge at all even drinking huge amounts of water. I have to force myself to urinate even though I don't feel the need to and the stream is weak and hesitating. The doctors want to give antibiotics 1/2 more days and then we'll see. I fear neurogenic bladder, caused by MS or tumors, hope I'm wrong.

It sounds perhaps like you have a UTI. Go get it checked out so if that's what it is it can be treated with antibotics.. good luck

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

I wanted to add, drink cranberry juice and there also are these brown pills called AZO you can buy them from the drug store or even some supermarkets. It will turn your pee orange but it helps with the feeling of having to constantly go and it numbs you so if perhaps you feel any burning or discomfort when you go you won't feel it anymore.

Well last Friday the doctor assumed i had a urinary infection and prescribed antiobiotics but they didn't work so today i returned to he hospital because the symptom was not improving and they did urine test and said i had no infection at all!
    Symptom is still here I feel the urge to urinate all the time, not even a second it goes away, but little comes out when i do urinate.
    So yeah, i hope I find what's causing this soon, it's debilitating. If someone ever felt this and managed to get better please share your stories.
    The doctor also said anxiety was unlikely to cause this symptom, it could cause increase in urinary frequency but not urge to urinate all the time non-stop.
    If I don't get better in 2 days they want to send me to do some exams, doctor said the cause could be either physical or neurological but she said i shouldn't worry there's a 99% chance it's nothing serious.

At least you're not worrying about ALS

Positive thoughts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information