Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blood after sex and after period ????

Re: blood after sex and after period ????

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I'm sorry, but I beg to differ on this one. Many women have spotting after sex, and it's totally benign. It often occurs after a period, like the OP stated, because there is still some blood in the vaginal canal. This is because during intercourse, the vaginal fluid produced pushes it out with it. It can also happen because the cervix can be bumped or stimulated during intercourse releasing blood. If you've seen a cervix, it's kind of like a fat little donut; it's not a ziploc bag.

Like Emily said though, if it happens a lot, then you should check with a doctor. It could mean a tear in the canal or sign of an infection.
    Ring or jam?

And not forgetting things can be a little rough or there may be a lack of lubrication? So, occassionally this may happen I'm guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Ring or jam?

And not forgetting things can be a little rough or there may be a lack of lubrication? So, occassionally this may happen I'm guessing?
    Yeah, it just happens occasionally, especially after your period. I think if you talk to most women, many of them have probably had it happen once or twice. Considering Beckie's history, and the fact that she's had so many exams down there already and everything was fine, I don't think it's anything for her to worry about.

But I'm not a doctor. Always when in doubt ask yours.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Yeah, it just happens occasionally, especially after your period. I think if you talk to most women, many of them have probably had it happen once or twice. Considering Beckie's history, and the fact that she's had so many exams down there already and everything was fine, I don't think it's anything for her to worry about.

But I'm not a doctor. Always when in doubt ask yours.
    I've had two GF's mention it.

Yeah, that's what I mean!
    Last edited by AntsyVee; 17-07-17 at 05:41. Reason: cat on keyboard

Thanks guys I'm hoping it just coz I was on the end of my period I'll keep an eye on it

So I'm going to jump in on this. I haven't posted in ages and was doing really well but I've the past 6 months I've been having regular periods but they're lasting a little longer. I'm 42 next month and since having my daughter 19 years ago I've always had heavy periods and for the first day or two I pass clots. Lately my periods have been a little lighter but last instead of my usual 4-5 days they now last 5-7. I have also been getting an odd brown/grey/pink discharge exactly 10 days after my period started which I guess is exactly mid way through my cycle. I don't bleed and I have no pain or bloating. I don't know whether I'm starting with the menopause or it's something more worrisome but it's making me very anxious! I always have my smears on time and I've never had anything but normal results. No other gynae history apart from a c section 14 years ago and when I had my daughter I had a third degree test - she was 10.2! Any ideas or similar stories? X

Quote Originally Posted by Blonde123 View Post
    So I'm going to jump in on this. I haven't posted in ages and was doing really well but I've the past 6 months I've been having regular periods but they're lasting a little longer. I'm 42 next month and since having my daughter 19 years ago I've always had heavy periods and for the first day or two I pass clots. Lately my periods have been a little lighter but last instead of my usual 4-5 days they now last 5-7. I have also been getting an odd brown/grey/pink discharge exactly 10 days after my period started which I guess is exactly mid way through my cycle. I don't bleed and I have no pain or bloating. I don't know whether I'm starting with the menopause or it's something more worrisome but it's making me very anxious! I always have my smears on time and I've never had anything but normal results. No other gynae history apart from a c section 14 years ago and when I had my daughter I had a third degree test - she was 10.2! Any ideas or similar stories? X
    The discharge after 10 days sounds like ovulation spotting which is completely normal. Also, many women have longer periods starting in their 40s. I'm not a gyno, but everything you're describing sounds normal to me.

Thanks x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information