Thread: i feel terrible,can't cope

i feel terrible,can't cope

i should imagine im not the only one who feels like this but for the past week things have felt like they're spiralling out of control it started in the early hours one night i woke suddenly with my heart racing arms and legs weak and tingly feeling clammy so i went down stairs for a while but could'nt calm down eventually phoned no panic crisis message eventually fell to sleep.since then i have felt dreadful constant weak and tingly arms and legs heart racing clammy and i can't get it to stop i am dreading christmas day as we are going to my mum and dads and i don't think my legs will carry me i cant sit still and im figity and aggitated and i have'nt eaten properly for days as i can't physically swallow my food.i don't want to ruin christmas for my little boy but i don't know how i will cope,why do these symtoms have to feel so awful.iv phoned the psyciatrist i see on tuesday and she increased my dose of venlefaxine from 37.5 mg twice a day to 75 mg in the morning and 37.5 at night but istill feel awful.iv been given 4 diazapam 5 mg tablets to get me through but i want to save them until im really desperate as the g.p and physiciatrist wont be available till monday.why do these things happen at the worst possible time and when the doctors are shut for several days.i keep telling myself i will be o.k but i feel terrible sorry for the rant

Re: i feel terrible,can't cope

its very hard when you feel as you do we ave all been there i am sure you will get there be strong and try and make good christmas for family ,, you will see when its over we will all feel ok again love maggie

Babe, I am going through the same thing and also have a cabinet full of diazapam to get me through xmas. My anxiety os worst in the morning and calms throughout the day as does my associated headaches but morings really are hell... PM if you wanna chat. Nice to know we're not the only ones hun. I have a 4 yearold too... I am worried I will cry al dayand ruin it for him. :(

thanks guys
    im still feeling pretty awful i walked round the corner earlier to post a card(or rather skated as its so icy)sometimes walking helps me as i can become agrophobic,i usually walk my beloved greyhound when im panicky but pavements are so slippery i can't.so if i manage to get to my parents tommorow i will end up pacing round their garden or asleep on their bed having taken my emergency diazapam and i don't think i will be able to eat much christmas dinner im struggling to eat anything at the momment,i cant sit still for long as i become agitated and figity my mum said i can go up in their bedroom if i want to be on my own and i will be taking my dads laptop with me so i can come on here,that is if i make it to my mums and dont chicken out

Do try and go tomorrow. One thing I know is being out helps. Don't be scared on the diazapam. It's wonderful when needed.

Thread Information