Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Effexor

Effexor

Does anyone take effexor? I started taking it almost three weeks ago, changed from another med that wasn't working, and I have been experiencing headaches and have had really bad days since taking it. I don't know if I just need to get used to it and let it kick in and body adjust to it?? I'm taking like 110 mg of it!? It seems like a lot to me. I am seeing my psychatrist next week and will tell her all this but I was seeking some real people experiences with it not just a doc telling me to buy it and come back in 6 months. Didn't mean to put anyone off this med. Just wondering, we all react differently to drugs. Different strokes for different folks.[8)]

My sister has been taking it for about 6 years. She calls it her she doesn't give a S**T pills.. and that is what they do for her. She is a lot nicer on them. It probably will take a few weeks before they start helping you. Good luck!

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Good luck to you!

Hi

I've been taking it for 2 years and am on 300mg a day. It helps my depression but it hasn't had much effect with my anxiety, so I take Citalopram for that which works well with the Effexor. I had a few side effects when I went onto it but they went in about a week and I have felt the benefits ever since. So hope it works for you. It took me 7 different medications till I found the right one though, so hang on in there!

Charlotte [:P]

I'm on effexor and although it helps my depression it's not done much for my anxiety. I was on mirtazapine but after I started feeling panicky last week I stopped, figuring it might be that, but here I am still feeling awful! I hope these diazapam work or I'll feel even worse.

ren

I take Zoloft and love it. I have been on it about two months now. I have no anxiety now, and no depression. I have also noticed I am more aggressive, which I needed to be.

Just had my effexor upped from 150mg to 225mg. I hope it works as I'm finding today really hard.

ren

effexor is the new seroxat problems and withdrawal are a close second i would personally stay the hell away from it:(

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">effexor is the new seroxat problems and withdrawal are a close second i would personally stay the hell away from it:(

<div align="right">Originally posted by buxy99 - 22 July 2006 : 13:39:41</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I have to agree with you, but I started taking it 3 years ago and had no idea, so now I'm a bit stuck with it. I wish my doctor had told me 3 years ago, but of course nothing was said and there was little info on it on the web.

ren

just to say that when I was first put on medication, they gave me prozac which heightened my anxiety beyond all control - i was then put on efexor xl and my anxiety was so much more controllable.. I've been on it a year and now have my life back - it worked really really well for me.

As for withdrawal, I am currently having to come off really quick as I've just found out i'm pregnant, so am suffering a bit with dizziness, so when you get to this bit, take it slow if you can!!

good luck - we all react differently remember so it may work well for you.

Lisa xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

"Like water be gentle and strong. Be gentle enough to follow the natural paths of the earth, and strong enough to rise up and reshape the world"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information