Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho Hi Ho Off Effexor I go go go

Hi Ho Hi Ho Off Effexor I go go go

Well Ladies and Gents wish me luck.. a month short of my 2 year anniversary of starting Effexor my dream is coming true and I'm going to come off of it. I was on 150 mg for the past year now down to 75 for 2 weeks and then 37.5 one week and 37.5 every other day till I'm done, So far I feel fine i's been just about 20 hrs since I cut the dose in half and the worst I've had is a little bit of motion sickness and a whooping headache last night. I was a bit on the moody side also last night one second I was happy the next nitpicking then happy almost immediately again. I'm confident I can do this and that my time is here! but I'm going to try to check in through out the next month to let you all know how I'm doing especially after I go completely off.. I'm excited as a 2 year old on Xmas morning

~Trina

Re: Hi Ho Hi Ho Off Effexor I go go go

I was on it for 5 years and came off it fine hope you do too there are a lot of bad things about coming off it on the net but I guess the people who come off it ok just don't post about it on the net.

Good luck and hope you are side-effect free too!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well I figured I would do a 72 hour check in i'm happy to say so far the taper is going great! I feel more and more like myself again.. best part I've started writing!! which I havent been able to do for the past year since i went up to 150.. so i'm excited about that! I had a little unsteadiness tonight but I think it was more my blood sugar ( I'm insulin resistant and went on a candy binge at work today.. oops) but reqlly all I have to report is i still have the headache and I'm bloody tired.. but I can actually SLEEP again... like 7-8 hrs not my normal 4 or 5 so that is really a huge positive!!!

~Trina

Glad it's going well.

The past two weeks went by fast! Really no side effects to report.. today i step down to 37.5 I'm almost free! I really havent been panicky every now and then like in Kmart last weekend but I think that was alot of things.

Cheers!
    Trina

Delighted it's going well for you. I've been trying for a while to get off it too and hope it won't be too much longer now. I have had problems but am determined to persevere.

Hi Trina

Sounds like the reduction is going well for you hun! Keep us posted how things go !

Hugs

Andrea
    xxxx

Hello

Just checking in.. well today is the 3rd day on 37.5 and well at moments I feel like a raving lunatic lol.. and I've definately become less afraid of speaking my mind.. *blushes* but besides the obvious aggitation I'm describing I'm still side effect free. I know the real test comes when I go full off but the decrease for those curious has been thus far comfotable.. in fact I kinda feel like the old me just minus the anixety attack

Granted I've replaced anxiety with anger but hey.. it's coming out instead of staying in.. I just have to learn to bite my tongue a little harder.. I'm also learning walking especially brisk walking is GREAT for burning anger it also helps burn off the icky fatigued feeling. No weird dreams to rebot, or brain shocks so far and I've been sleeping like a happy baby.. Next week we go to 37.5 every other day so I'll report in then

*hugs all around*
    Trina

Well I'm happy to report I'M OFF IT!!!! it's one week today in fact and I feel fantastic... I decided last Tuesday that I was simply done.. I didn't want to ween anymore.. I didn't want to even look at the stupid pill anymore.. I just wanted off of it..

I'll never do it again.. It's not worth it.. at the time it was what I needed to cope but.. wow.. things really are different.. I have a full range of emotions now instead of just "happy" granted coming off of it I turned into a raving lunatic for hmm the first 5 days but the more and more I move away from it the more stable I feel.

Best news., no anxiety I've had a twing of nervousness here and there especially driving home at night but.. my fiancee rides with me and keeps me talking every where we go.. it keeps me calm.. I also found out in the height of it that I love to draw and I started expressing what my head felt like through drawing.. Also for anyone considering going off an anti depressant and you end up with vertigo, dizziness or nausea ( i had this for about 4 days as well) Gatorade or any sports drink works WONDERFUL.. because it rebalances the body I also started taking a Multi Vitamin during this time as well... No brain shocks, shivers, what ever you want to call them I had some body shivers (for the first 48 hours or so) but they felt like one of those shivers you get going up your back sometimes like a cold chill except it went from head to toe and it actually kinda tickled.

But it can be done!!!! almost 2 years I was a slave and now I am free Feels Pretty good to know I'm in control of my life again

~Trina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information