Thread: Vision clouded - anxiety?

Vision clouded - anxiety?

Well guess my anxiety must be well and up and running. After my attack in Tesco's yesterday (see other post), I went out for coffee this lunchtime with some colleagues from work. It was only meant to be me and another friend but she invited someone else I don't know well.

I have felt off all morning but on the way there I felt like my legs were too heavy to lift. I got my drink and sat down and as soon as I did my vision suddenly become cloudy. I could see objects clearly but it was as though they were shrouded in smoke. I tried to say it was just the lighting in there but I knew it wasn't and it started to get worse. Then my mouth started to tingle and I felt like I was going to pass out. Quite a lot similar to Tesco yesterday but no racing heart or pains in head, just a dull ache that's been there all day. I felt like I needed to jump up from the table or I would collapse. But I didn't and I didn't say anything to anyone but tried to carry on the conversation as much as I could. In the end I had to sneak a valium out of my bag. But it did now use, took it nearly hour and half ago and not much effect. The vision thing lasted about half an hour.

I had just stopped being scared of my feelings but what with all this new stuff, I'm really on edge again.

Anyone else had this. Was it an anxiety attack. Why have they suddenly hit me again. I don't feel an adrenalin surge, just suddenly weak and awful.

I'm annoyed because I was going to book going to Rome with a friend today. But now I'm putting it off. I want to go but know I won't cope if I'm still like this.

Any ideas what I should do guys?

Love

Jules

hello jules.i know that feeling ,ive been feeling it for a while.i was having a pub lunch when it came on the other day,i went all fuzzy(visually),and i felt like leaving .i got relly bad and i would say it was an atttack.i told my mate it was a hot flush ,and i went to play a quiz machine,eventually i calmed down a bit.but i felt it later on ,basically i was a wreck all day.

i suppose some days are better than others but for me,i tend to dwell on the negative aspects,which is understandable really when we really what we go through.

i cant give you any tips on the rome issue as i would feel the same ,and ive never been abroad anyhow,but it it done knock you out of sync when it happens.

my only advice is that in the past ive stayed with the situation until the anxiety reduces,it can work but its tough,which is why im on here today i suppose.i havent taken meds for a while now,trying to handle it without.

all the best anyway..........paul

Hi Jules,

I've had that clouded vision symptom quite a few times before. It really scared me the first time but after that, it just comes and goes quite quickly. I've had times where I've seen dots as well but that was only a few times for a few seconds. It normally happens when I'm feeling really anxious. Not a nice feeling, huh>

Sarah (seh1980)

Hi Jules,

I have has the clouded vision too on many occasion. In fact this was one of the most prominent symptoms I had when my anxiety began. I think it has something to do with your eye muscles....I think they become too tired with all the stress.

Dont beat yourself up about takming the valium and please dont worry about the symptoms either. I think anxiety just throws another symptom at you when it thinks you are coping too well and you have been doing better lately.

I think you should book your trip to Rome and look forward to it. Dont let panic hold you back from anything!!

Take care

sadie

Paul, Sarah, Sadie

Thanks so much for your responses. It really does help me to sort things out in my head when I see other people have gone through this. I got the vision stuff again when I got home last night. It lasted for ages. Nothing is blurry just surrounded by smoke, very surreal

Jules

Thread Information