Thread: Hey, 1st post

Hey, 1st post

Hi, I am new here. Been suffering from depression on and off for about 2 years. Had my ups and (mostly) downs. Especially recently I feel as if i'm stuck in a rut going nowhere and just really think what's the point? Hopefully i'll find help here and can help others too if possible.

Hi Corona89

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Hey, 1st post

welcome corona89

i'm new as well today i joined, already i'm starting to like this forum i'm sure it will be helpful for you.
    I can completely relate to your feelings of going nowhere sadly thats what depression does ... :(
    are you seeking any treatment medical or exercise or anything?

Thanks guys.

Well last year i got put on citalopram which really messed me up then got put on Setratline(sp) and i felt those helped for a while. Then around May i realised they made me no feel depressed but not happy either and just felt like a zombie. So I stopped cold turkey and felt amazing but it's gradually crept back in and now feel really bad and back on the pills for around 7 weeks and not feeling any better. Been off work for a while and have no energy at all. Sorry for long post.

^ have you tried fluoxetine/prozac? that might help a little its usually gp's first choice of anti-depressant, also if you drink alcohol that will make your depression alot worse as its a depressant of the central nervous system.
    hope things look up for you.

Never tried those. I've had some issues with alcohol (not loads just if ive had a really bad day my first thought is "get some beer") and weed to numb the pain but know this has only made me worse. But some days i feel so down i can't help it even though i know i'll feel worse the next day.

Hi
    I'm new today as well. Hope you find this place useful too.
    S

Thread Information