Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling Good

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Feeling Good

Just wanted to share that I feel im neally back to being me again!
    Ive stopped obsessive thinking, stopped trying to remember things... finding it easier to just let things go... not been anxious for ages either...
    Went away this weekend, had great time...
    And im noticing im not 'checking in' that often to see i how feel... im living in the real world more again, and less in my head...
    Been off meds neally 8 months now too...

Re: Feeling Good

Welldone Stormsky - good to hear GOOD NEWS !!!!

Wow that is amazing. Can I ask what helped you. I've just come off citalopram and am having a bit of a dip. I'm gonna work through it just wondering if you have any advice. X

Hi Emm, just excercise, diet, lots of water, vit B.
    Not spending all your time talking and reading about anxiety... how can you forget it, if you spend all day thinking/reading/talking about it!
    Live as if you dont have the condition !!

well done stormsky you must have worked really hard to get where you are...glad you had a good weekend away...x

Ty hun. That's a good point. I'm definitely guilty of thinking about it too much at the mo lol. Well done hun. Enjoy the feeling of being well. X

Well done Stomsky!!!!!

weldone you!!

I was just wondering, you say diet and vitamin B has helped,
    i am looking at changing my diet and also read VitaminB is good, do you take supplements and also can you roughly tell me what your diet is now? like how many meals and what you avoid, and include. I think it would also help others. So happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by MissSunshine View Post
    weldone you!!

I was just wondering, you say diet and vitamin B has helped,
    i am looking at changing my diet and also read VitaminB is good, do you take supplements and also can you roughly tell me what your diet is now? like how many meals and what you avoid, and include. I think it would also help others. So happy for you!
    Hi,
    I take Jarrows B Right, i take one every other day, as they are quite high strengh... i only have about 3 cups of tea a day, then just water, at least 5 glasses... ( i think they say 8 but i cant drink that much!) i add flaxseed to my food,as i read its really good for you... eat fruit, fish, chicken...not processed meat or processed foods, as they have too many preservatives... fresh cook food when i can... Ive been sitting in the sun alot lately, which has given me a boost too i think! (vit D is the feel good vit we get from the sun). which is why everyone generally is happier in summer months!
    The biggest think mentally for me, is ive been letting things go, obsessive thoughts id usually keep going over and over etc, its been getting easier to let go, do the more i do it... i dont spend alot of time 'checking in' (as in keep asking yourself how you are feeling)... i read you have to try to stop that and eventually you naturally wont do it as much.... i try to live as if i dont have the condition... and ive been keeping busy and living in the real world more!! less time in my head!! all the little steps like this add up to improving...

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kittikat View Post
    Great news Stormsky.....you are an inspiration to many of us here so much of what you say makes sense, it's just so difficult at times to change your thought patterns. Am trying to be more like you and I agree about the vit B, been taking it for a while now. Just got to put all the other stuff into practice lol. I hope you stay and continue to help and inspire others, and wish you continued success in your recovery.
    Kitti x
    thanks kitti.xxx
    it is difficult to change thought patterns, but you can do it....
    i used to be bad at overthinking everything, everything people said to me, thoughts that popped in my head, questioning, trying to remember things that had no importance... so i decided to let them go... to start with i did it by saying, 'there'll be something else to obsess about later so im going to let this one go, then later when something else came up, id do the same... now i find it easy to just let thoughts go... the more i do it infact, the less they come anyway....

Well done stormsky!!!

I have to agree with you!! The less you think about it the better you are!! Its just training your mind!! Have a blip myself today cos woke up feeling all tingley and all I have done all day is think about it!! So I have to agree with you 110%!!

Well done and keep it up!! x x

Kendra x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information