Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: lump in my throat

Re: lump in my throat

Quote Originally Posted by springblossom View Post
    I have this right now. In fact I've had it for years.
    hi ive had this for nearly 2 years the feeling of something in my throat i have to keep coughing to clear my throat sometimes i cough rubbish up,and most of the time i feel like i need to swollow all the time i get so fed up with it

i have this lump in ny throat feeling its driving me mad! constantly swallowing to try to move it.keep sucking throat sweets to get saliva to swallow so fed up with it keep thinking all kinds of things like throat cancer sure its making it worse

This thread has been a great help. I have been really struggling for the last couple of weeks. I had my tonsils removed a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't as bad as i expected but the swallowing problem i had before it has got far worse in the last few weeks and especially in the last few days. Keep thinking i have a lump in my throat and bringing up spit/phelgm to swallow it down. At it's worst i must be swallowing every 15-20 seconds, it is driving me crazy! Any suggestions??

Hi I have never had this symptom before now. Began a few days ago but it is worse tonight than ever. Feel like I have the start of a cold so throat is sore, but just feel like Im being strangled and something is stuck in my throat like my voice box is being squeezed. I have other posts on here and it all makes sense. And yet Im still questioning it grrrrr!

Have taken nurofen and an antihistamine just in cases, but frightened my throat is going to close.

Come on be logical.

Any one have any ideas of anything to relieve it a little or is it something you just put up with?

Thanks for reading Any advice welcome
    Last edited by carefree68; 03-02-12 at 23:27.

I am in the lump in throat gang too :(

It comes and goes, also in the ''My tongue is too big for my mouth'' gang..also the ''feels like under my chin is cramping gang'' All down to focusing in on it. Distraction is key here! Easy said!

OMG . You too. ARGGGHHH! This symptom is horrible, much better today only the odd moments of strangulation.

Cause I suffer with allergies, keep thinking its a reaction and popping antihistamines like sweets at mo.

I have had this lump in the throat feeling for about 1.5 years now,and had all the tests done as follows,camera through my nose-bariums swallow-numerous blood tests,then finally a ultrasound scan,it was in the ultrasound scan that showed nodules,which the doc said wasn't harmful and shouldn't affect me,but they did...so they just let me suffer for all this period,i done a bit of googling and found diazapam helps with muscle spasms,so i went to see my doc,and told him this could help my throat,he agreed,so i took the very 1st dose 5mg,and omg i am in so much relief,it has made almost 90% difference,and i can lay or lean back and not get this nasty choking feeling which made my life hell for all this time.
    I am on my 3rd day now,and i am so much relaxed,and the tight feeling as almost gone.

I'm getting this weird feeling like I got something in my throat and it worries me greatly

But it doesn't last forever as it goes away after a while but then randomly comes back

I can swallow fine and breathe well but I'm just scared of why I get this feeling? Am I getting a illness? Is my tubes in my throat closing because of my fat? )Yes I'm a little overweight by the way) Am I getting a disease or something?

Please answer me, Please!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information