Thread: Help

Unhappy Help

Hi, I've stumbled across this forum a few times before but have now decided to open up about what I suspect is at the very least a case of anxiety.
    I'm a 21 year old student and have been through a lot in life, most of which i thought hadn't affected me. But for several months I have been suffering from chest pains, nothing severe but a sharp pain that lasts for around 2-3 seconds in my left torso.
    My GP believes it is caused by my diet (gas or indigestion), but I have seen my parents divorce, my further education almost slip out of my grasp, lost my job and fallen out with close friends in the past year. I also worry about my health (constantly googling symptoms) and my image (overweight).
    The past few weeks have been the hardest, as I am constantly getting headaches and feeling completely hopeless.
    Does anyone have any tips on dealing with anxiety and whether these pains will ever go away?

Arrow Re: Help

Hi, sorry you're feeling like this!

I'm a year older than you and can say that I have been through most of what is happening to you. I get chest pain sometimes, and it flares up and has me wondering if I'm having a heart attack. My parents are starting to divorce and lost my job, too. I'm overweight and just want to lay in bed most of the time.

If you don't see one already, talking to a therapist/counselor is a great help. It takes bravery for you to admit that there's things going on in your life. Everyone has problems, but not all people are willing to admit them. The pain will go away. Try going for a walk or something creative like writing, adult coloring books, drawing, etc. to distract you from anxiety. Essential oils are also helpful. You can Google around and see which scents work for the feelings/conditions you have (lavender is good for sleep, peppermint is a mood booster, etc.).

I hope I helped at least a little bit! Take care of yourself. It's easier said than done, but I know you can do it!

Re: Help

anxiety does cause chest pains....i had them for a year lol and google is no help at all its the worst thing you can do. talking therapy does help short term for me anyway so its worth trying

Thread Information