Thread: Advice please??

Advice please??

Hi I have depression and anxiety have been suffering for the last 7 months and have recently spiralled back down to the bottom after feeling I was getting somewhere.

The problem I'm having is my mother in law who I know doesn't believe I have anything wrong with me. She says things to my partner like "she's lazy hiding behind a illness" I was on reduced hours at work up until beginning of this week which I'm now signed off due to my deterioration in mental state. Anyway my mother in law said i need to get a new job bite the bullet and go back full time. It doesn't work like that as I'm sure you sadly know.

Question is has anyone else had a similar situation where a family member doesn't support them and believe them.if so any advice on how I can deal with this. Not that I can really deal with much right now.

Re: Advice please??

I’ve been there and had similar experience, it’s a hard thing to deal with. Do you live with her ? Can you minimalise interaction with her? When I was off and at my worst I was going round to my mother in laws and sitting there all day and she was a nasty bitch but eventually I thought **** it I’ll stay at my house and interact with people that understand and it all got a lot better :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry you’re feeling like this, and that your mil is being rubbish.
    Some people just don’t understand it. Probably because you try so hard to be normal around them as well.

You could try and explain how you’re feeling to her, or just ignore her. Do whichever makes you feel happiest. You’re the one that counts here, and you’re worth more than her opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I don't live with her she comes over once a week. There is no way I can talk to her. I have issues talking to people that aren't very close to me and who I trust so I rarely speak to her anyway. And she is very judgemental in any case.
    The thing that upsets me more is that her best friends son has depression and she is helping him through it. And her best friends late husband had depression so she understands it to some degree but for some reason when it comes to me it's non existent and I'm not really ill. As you say I try to act normal round people but that doesn't mean nothing is wrong with me.

Thanks for your kind words.

Thread Information