Thread: Fast growing fibroids after birth - please help

Fast growing fibroids after birth - please help

It’s my first time posting here, I tried looking for similar issues in other threads but couldn’t find any!

I had my beautiful baby 3 months ago via c-section, due to big fibroids. I couldn’t feel the fibroids before giving birth, but since then I can feel at least 2 of them just touching my belly and I can feel they are much bigger than 3 months ago. I just got my periods back, I don’t know if that makes a difference.

I went to the GP thinking he was going to give me a quick explanation and send me on my way but he sent me for a scan and seemed a bit worried.
    As many others here, I lost my mum to cancer when she was only 43, and I’m terrified I’m not going to be around for my baby.

My scan is in 10 days, any reassurance in the meantime will be much appreciated - I can’t even sleep or take care of my baby properly, I’m out of my mind with worry.

Thank you

Re: Fast growing fibroids after birth - please help

Hi momma! Congratulations to you on your beautiful baby.

Your hormones are all over right now. Take deep breathes. 4 second inhale, 7 second hold, 8 second exhale-do it a few times to calm down.

Your doctor may want to remove your fibroids, that may be the look of concern he gave you. Doctors know after childbirth the last place a mom wants to be is in surgery when she has a baby to take care of. You say your cycle just came back, make notes of it. Heavy, painful, clots, etc. That information will help your doctor decide a course of action for you.

I understand your worry, oh boy do I ever. I’m terrified of the same thing and it becomes dibilitating just as you said, you can’t properly care for your child when you’re frozen in fear of not being here for them.

Give your baby lots of snuggles, breathe in that baby scent, try to take a relaxing bath or a few minutes to yourself to calm down. You just birthed a baby, you’ve got this!

Halle - thank you so much for your lovely reply, it means a lot. I know I’m my worst enemy! And my mind and body are all over the place so I should understand that and relax, but it’s so hard. I think I will ask for a mental health referral when the fibroid episode is over.

Yes! Definitely get a referral. I struggled with postpartum anxiety, I had a little General anxiety and ocd before baby, but after I couldn’t stop thinking about a horrible disease taking me away from my son. I’m right there with you-I see a counselor, just moved to bi-weekly from weekly visits. My GAD and OCD seem to be the only ones improving, very well though, but I need this health anxiety to straighten out. This is no way to live. I’m not the mom I want to be for my son.

So sorry to hear you’re having a difficult time. Having a child does mess up your head, all the stress and sleep deprivation. I always think I want to get better so she doesn’t pick it up as she gets older. I hope your HA improves soon, I’m sure it will if you have managed to get your other issues under control it means you’re strong enough to do so!

Thank you friend! You as well. Don’t forget to update us after your scan!

Hi! Sorry it took me so long to update, the scan took 2 weeks and the GP appointment other 2!
    He said: “fibroids. Just fibroids. Nothing to do about those”. Like if I was wasting his time... well, I didn’t worry about my fibroids till he referred me for the scan so I don’t really get it :(
    Anyway, good news!

Now it’s my chest I obsses about. I’m starting therapy next month so hopefully will get this under control.

Good luck!

Xx

Thread Information