Thread: ..and now i have earache!! Why cant i just feel healthy....

..and now i have earache!! Why cant i just feel healthy....

So iv woken up this morning with slight pain in one of my ears and guess what..... panic, panic, panic!!!

"What if its gets so bad that i cant cope with the pain?" "what if my eardrum bursts" etc etc but the worst one is... "what if this makes me dizzy?!!!"

Dizziness has been a symptom of my anxiety and its my worst one... i cant stand it, i get soooo panicked about it and now im dreading this ear problem will get worse and make me dizzy???

Is that likely...? I mean, iv only slight pain, its not constant, not dizzy yet, not got a cold or anything....... could this just be something of nothing??

I cant get my mind off it... im just sat here waiting for it to get worse, which isnt good!!

Any advice? Could this be another symptom of anxiety? xx

Re: ..and now i have earache!! Why cant i just feel healthy....

Hello I get ear ache in one of my ears its never been one of my symptoms of anxiety before and its just come on all of a sudden. Maybe its just ear ache! I also feel like I've got a cold and my muscles hurt a lot. Hope you feel better soon and try not to worry I'm sure its just ear ache x

hiiiiiiii i havent heard of ear-ache being a symptom of anxiety...but who knows xxxxx

there is so many coughs and colds going around - when my daughter gets a cold it always affects her ears - and she has one now and her ears keep on popping!

please try not to worry...if you are concerned go and see your gp.....you may have an ear infection (which is oh so common) and then he can give you some meds.

much love xxxxx

Very tense neck muscles for any reason can cause sharp pains in the ear. So whether its due to anxiety or a mechanical problem with your neck its possible to have earache and its nothing to do with your ear!!

I have herniated disc and arthrits in my neck and I get awful stabbing pains in my ear usually my left one as thats the side with most damage and tightest muscles- I spent years running to Dr to get my ear looked at convinced I must have infection and never ever did. Now I wait and see as if its my neck it is not constant and goes away in a few days.

On a practical note - see how it goes- if it becomes constant and very painful then see your Dr to check.

There's a virus around at the moment with neck ache and earache - perhaps it's this? I can understand how you feel about being dizzy, it makes you feel horrible and a bit out of control. But hopefully the earache will go in a day or two and you'll feel okay again. Also, outwith anxiety, dizzyness can be treated with meds. I know it's difficult but try not to think about the worst possible scenario because it almost always never happens like how we imagine it to be - I've been there and have the t-shirt to prove it!! Hope you feel better tomorrow

Thank you for your replies guys... im such a worrier!! I hate it

Anyway, my ear stopped hurting.. it feels alittle strange but its not hurting anymore, it was just sharp pains for about half an hour before... i think it is due to my neck tensing etc, but il see how it goes.. hopefully its something of nothing.

Thanks again for the reassurance x

Your very welcome and I'm glad your feeling a little better! Xx

Thread Information