Thread: coughing up blood

coughing up blood

Having had chest/rib pain for 6 weeks I now have a cough and am coughing up blood. So terrified this is lung cancer and Ill have to leave my kids

Re: coughing up blood

Hi I cant offer any words to comfort you as you know im going through the same. You should take comfort from the normal chest xray. You could have just burst a tiny blood vessel from coughing x

Thanks kerri. Just scared the xray missed a tumour. I've lost a stone in a month too. I know Id be unlucky to get it at 42 but it happens

Maybe its the stress causing you to lose weight as if you are anything like me I dont tend to eat when im in a state of panic.

I have managed to get appointment for tuesday afternoon for my chest xray results, I really want to go a and e as Tuesday seems such a long way off

They have to do ct scan if you're a smoker over 40 and you cough up blood so at least they can't ignore it anymore. I dont know what the likelihood is of xrays missing tumours. Most people seem to think I should be reassured by xray.

Had a terrible day. Laid on sofa all day. Sent message to an online dr who, helpfully, told me xrays are very unreliable. I paid £18 to be scared out of my wits. Dont know why I did it. Desperation I think. I can't cope with the fact this may be cancer and my kids may lose their Mum.

I can totally sympathise with how you are feeling. I have spent the whole day googling to try and find out what my chest xray could show.

I am convinced im about to be given a diagnosis of Lung Cancer and that my 9 year old will grow up without a mum.

I dont think even with constant reasurrance we will ever truly believe we are ok x

I have the same thoughts about my kids. I dont want them to go through losing their Mum. I just wish I felt the xray was proof enough. Feel so terrible. Can't sleep or eat much. Kids at their Dads and my partners son is here so we can't really talk. Not that we're really talking anyway. He refuses to discuss things until we know if its serious. I need to know my kids will be ok without me if its LC.

Can't cope with this. Think I need diazepam or something.

Thread Information