Thread: Weird throat bumps/veins. (No pain)

Weird throat bumps/veins. (No pain)

First off, I've been finding a ton of symptoms that aren't really that bad all over my body and worrying way too much about them constantly. The past few days i've had some vision weirdness where i don't feel like i'm completely seeing how I should be. Like if I look at solid colored walls it doesn't look completely solid colored, it's kind of glowing in a weird way and looks grainy. Same with when I look at the sky. I just gave up Smoking cigarettes and marijuana, and I'm wondering if those could be problems coming from that?

Then today for some reason my neck was hurting in the bottom left and it seemed like it could've been my throat, even though I have no pain when I swallow or anything. So I decided to look at my throat with a flashlight in a mirror and i noticed my mouth seems oddly colored (yellowish/grey in some spots) and in the back of my throat there are dark veins and what appear to be little red bumps but a slightly less red bump in the back left side? It looks kind of white, but not like bright white. I'm just really scared that I have throat cancer or something of that sort. But again, there is no pain minus the pain in my neck which I'm pretty sure is coming from sleeping weird on a couch last night, because my back is sort of sore as well. Any ideas?

Re: Weird throat bumps/veins. (No pain)

I think the thing in your throat is a perfectly normal tonsil.

Except I had my tonsils out when I was 3. :/

As an oral cancer survivor, the rule of thumb is to keep an eye on it for a bit. If it doesn't resolve in two weeks time, see your doctor or an ENT that specializes in oral cancers such as at a Comprehensive Cancer Center.

The only way oral cancers are diagnosed is by a biopsy of a suspicious area, lesion or lymph node.

I had oropharyngeal cancer with an unknown primary, metastasis to the lymph nodes on the left side of my neck, stage IV, HPV+. The only symptom I had was a painless swollen lymph node that didn't respond to two rounds of antibiotics. It was diagnosed by FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy).

Most typically, oral cancers won't show themselves until they're pretty far along.

Positive thoughts and prayers
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information