Thread: Food gets stuck- help

Food gets stuck- help

I'm so scared as a few months ago sometimes when I eat food gets stuck and takes ages to go down. It's quite painful. It happens everytime I eat a baguette and last night I was eating roast beef dinner and it happened again. I usually run to the Doctor with everything but I'm so scared its a tumour I've put off going. I keep thinking I'm not going to be here for my husband and two year old son :-(

Re: Food gets stuck- help

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Food gets stuck- help

I have been going through a similar thing recently. In fact I couldn't even swallow soup without it getting stuck and had difficulty swallowing liquids alot. I found out it was GERD/reflux making the back of my larynx swollen a little due to irritation.

I started to take lansoprazole and drinking warm milk and honey daily and its settled a little to the point I can manage solid food now.

I also have no heartburn so had no idea I had reflux.

Thread Information