Thread: Feel So Alone

Feel So Alone

I've suffered from health anxiety almost my entire life. It comes and goes in severity, usually if there's something to worry about with my body that's new or upsetting.

I've also been horrifically unlucky in love, and it is a main source of depression for me.

I'm 34 and I just fear that I am going to get cancer and die without ever experiencing a truly loving relationship.

My last (and only) relationship crashed and burned because my partner was rebounding out of a long term and abusive relationship and just wasn't ready. I constantly think about them and it really spurs my depression especially when I have health anxiety and I just want someone to talk to or just snuggle with/be close to.

Just a wreck today about it all.

Re: Feel So Alone

Draw a line on all of this. Leave all of that behind.

When you're ready pick yourself up and start dating again.

Start looking for someone who is going to make you feel right and don't give in to your short term need for snuggles and end up with the wrong person as a result.

Give yourself a few unbreakable rules when you are dating.

Take a break from dating every now and then if it gets too much.

Stay safe, have some flexibility but don't give up on what is most important to you.

Don't give up hope.

I met my other half around your age, I know how it felt to be alone like this, but you have to put yourself out there, and things can go your way when you least expect it.
    Last edited by GiantMogwai; 21-07-18 at 23:32. Reason: Typo.

Ugh, I felt the same way Thursday and Friday after a really frustrating date, lol. Mogwai is right though, put the past in the past and on to the next one! When the right one arrives none of that stuff from before will matter!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thank you both. I felt a bit better today but I’m still stressed as I have to schedule a doctors appointment and I’m terrified

Thread Information