Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: constant swallowing again ahh

Re: constant swallowing again ahh

I am speechless after all the help I gave Joyce tonight.

I am wasting my time to be honest

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

nic we have all spent loads of time tryin to help joyce and its getting us no where. i really believe she is either winding us up or she is very seriously ill and needs alot more help then we can offer. i just dont get it i really dont. sorry xx

Well she has more infraction points tonight

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

O dear, well youve all tried so hard, so well done to you all, thanks.xxx

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

lots of us have had this and tried to help, Ive said it before but I just dont get why there is no anxiety over the baby that is meant to be on the way, I really dont get it and im as confused as Donna

hi

i agree what you say about the baby. maybe this is where the true anxiety is? maybe it's being transferred to the throat issues? scary having a baby and must be loads worse if your have anxiety

just a thought

Julie

At risk of sounding heartless, isnt it time just to leave it alone - Joyce doesn't listen and as you have said Nic, you've been over it again and again... and spending 2 hours on somebody who just doesn't seem to take it it seems more stress (for you) than it's worth...

Her health anxiety is obviously bad and she needs professional help - either that or she is just winding us all up. I've looked over all her posts and everyone reads them more than anyone else's (myself included) as they are UNBELIEVABLE.... you have all been incredibly tolerant and understanding and in my very limited opinion, given her far more crediblity than she deserves. This website is a Godsend for most of us - I can't tell you how much it has helped me - you all deserve better than this and I can't help feeling that your kindess is being taken full advantage of but, worse than that, is going nowhere because she simply won't listen...

So, from my point of view, thank you, for everything you have done for me. Without wishing to sound overly dramatic, you have turned my life around and it's time to stop wasting your time with Joyce....

Sorry if I sound like a cow, I really don't mean to, but we're all getting nowhere with her....
    xx

Hi Bex

I have this same problem as Joyce with the swallowing etc etc so have offered some time to try and help but I do think that it is time I gave up now.

Last night was one last attempt and I think I did her help her a bit - maybe she will post later and thank me - who knows.

I agree though that I have done all I can and you don't sound like a cow at all.

Hi there

I couldn't decide whether to post on here or not but for what its worth here goes. I know that joyce has asked the same question over and over and I know that so many people have tried very hard to help and that realistically there is nothing else for them to say.

The thing is I've been suffering from ha etc for most of my 52 years and I am like a worn out record asking for reassurance. I have driven most of my family and friends mad but the person who I've hurt most is myself. I have come to the conclusion that regardless of how much reassurance some of us get, how much medication we take, how much counselling and therapy we work through that for some of us things will never get any easier we will always live inside our heads with the demons that haunt us.

I very rarely ever post with my ha worries I virtually never see a doctor anymore for help with my neurosis because I don't believe that they can really help. What I do do is read and when possible try and help the people on here. Whether I help or not I don't know but I really hope so. Basically I have learnt to accept all those horrible symptoms that I get. (I have just had that swallowing/lump in the throat thing for the last 4 weeks). I still panic about them and it is very upsetting and difficult living with them but basically that is tough for me and I just have to get on with it. I realise from reading here that I am not alone and I take lots of comfort from that. I am constantly amazed at how caring people are on this site and at how much time they put in.

We all need some support and advice but sometimes we just have to face facts we are what we are and we need to learn to live with that.

So joyce if you read this please don't think I don't sympathise cos I do. I know exactly how you feel and I really wish I could make things better for you but at the end of the day only you can make the changes you need. I hope you are successful and the torment of ha is shortlived for you. Maybe next time you want to talk about your throat problems try working through other peoples posts and even if you just say hi to them it will have passed some time and hopefully taken your mind off your own worries. It certainly helped me.

Arrow Re: constant swallowing again ahh

hi
    i totally agree that this site is an excellent form of support and information

i think what my concern is is that joyce is going to be reading these posts. she is obviously feeling very alone, afraid and and feels she has lost control as we all do or have at some stage. it is very frustrating when people are not taking on board what you are saying but it happens. we have all been in the position where we need reasurance. i certainly remember when i was very ill i was constantly lookin g for reasurance constantly from gp, hospital, family 24/7

Joyce- you have to listen to people. what they are telling you is exactly right. there is no more or no less to it. you have to be willing to help yourself. everyone is giving you the right info now only you can impliment it. we don't have magic wands. you have the cure inside you. see your gp, midwife, join an on line self help group. they are out there! people feel for you and have given you excellent advice but there is no more that can be said on this subject

sorry if anyone feels i have stuck my ore in i just felt the urge to say something

Julie

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information