Thread: Blurry Vision, Irritated Eye - What?

Blurry Vision, Irritated Eye - What?

So yeah I've had this irritation in my left eye for a few days now and it's really starting to freak me out. It's a little blurry (just a little I only notice it if I'm reading) and there's this irritated sensation in the outer corner. I guess it's a little like having an eyelash caught in the eye except... less painful? More irksome than really bothersome. The eye itself is also a little sore. It's got me in panic about having some severe eye problem or a brain problem.

I'm short sighted (between 5 and 6 in each eye with astigmatism in both), and I got my new glasses no more than a month ago, so I'm trying to tell myself it's nothing serious. If it were, then surely it would've been present a month ago, and my optician would have noticed it when she tested me?

Thing is (and this is the bit where people are probably going to facepalm) I developed a nervous twitch a week or so back, involving squeezing my eyes tightly shut and opening them again. It's probably linked to my anxiety. I'm practically doing it without thinking at this point, so I'm not actually sure if I'm blinking so often because my eye is irritated, or if my eye has been irritated by the blinking. I'm not sure which came first

Has anyone else ever had experiences like this? I'm terrified it might be something serious.
    Last edited by Glyph; 05-05-13 at 15:17.

Re: Blurry Vision, Irritated Eye - What?

Ive had a similar issue. I have had a twitch in my right lower eyelid for about 5 weeks and it also feel like ive a bit of grit caught in the outer corner of my eye. My vision also seems a bit blurry. When i wake in the morning, i feel like it takes ten minutes for the moisture to return and ive also become preoccupied because i keep focussing in on my floaters. If you want to talk about it, or see if our probs are similar, pm me. Would appreciate talking to someone else who is having eye issues x

Thanks, xfilme, it's reassuring to know I'm not on my own

I am trying and trying to convince myself whatever is wrong it isn't anything serious, but... well, it's my EYES. They're one of the most important organs I have, so I guess it's understandable that somebody with anxiety would worry about them more. But perhaps all my worrying is what's causing the problem, or perhaps all the blinking and nervous twitching is what's causing the irritation?

I'm sure there are a million explanations that are a lot milder than any of the crazy things shooting through my head right now.

Urgh, yeah, so it's really more obviously irritated this morning, and watering. I guess I really do have to go to the doctor's about it :( On the plus side, they say things have to get worse before they get better, so maybe this is just the getting worse part.

Thread Information