Thread: Terrified I have Pancreatic Cancer

Terrified I have Pancreatic Cancer

Okay so about 4 weeks ago I started feeling these weird stomach cramps in the morning when I woke up. They would be like diarrhea cramps but went away after about 10 mins. My stool changed to soft and quite hot feeling when they came out, also in lumps not one big solid one. I also noticed they started to float. I've been googling the cause and it says that pancreatic cancer can cause this and I am now terrified :( :( :(

Re: Terrified I have Pancreatic Cancer

Going by your username, I'm assuming you're in your teens. If so, the chances of you having pancreatic cancer are millions to one. It's most likely IBS or some benign stomach issue, of which there are many.

Pancreatic cancer is almost exclusively a condition that affects people over the age of 40. See your doctor if these symptoms continue, but I really don't think you should even be considering pancreatic cancer as the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Going by your username, I'm assuming you're in your teens. If so, the chances of you having pancreatic cancer are millions to one. It's most likely IBS or some benign stomach issue, of which there are many.

Pancreatic cancer is almost exclusively a condition that affects people over the age of 40. See your doctor if these symptoms continue, but I really don't think you should even be considering pancreatic cancer as the cause.
    Yeah I turn 20 this year. I just read that floating poop is caused by fat not being absorbed which is caused by pancreas not producing enough enzymes which can be cancer. No other symptoms like pain or pale stools, they are brown but float.

Poop floats, poop sinks
    It comes in many colors and it stinks
    Poop can be short, it can be long
    But rest assured, there's nothing wrong

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

^ what fmp said. Anything pancreas related and your stool would be slate white/grey almost.

Thread Information