Thread: Phones Mail

Phones Mail

My phobias that cause me the most problems are of mobile phones and mail.

Mail I check as little as possible. causing at times rather bad bill shock
    And my mobile (which practically no one has the number to) is usually flat or lost.

Obviously this is a bit of a problem in the modern world. I tell people I'm scared of having a mobile and they just don't get it - which is a bit of a problem too. I'm fine with calling them or others having them though.
    Strangely my landline doesn't bother me as much. However I get sick of it at times and pull the cord or make sure its disconnected.
    Like most of these things it really doesn't make any sense in the big picture - I'm fine with skype or email.
    Life's weird I guess. Logic leads me to think it's some kind of social phobia but it's hard to pin down. I guess if I had the answers I'd be rich.

Re: Phones Mail

Hey, it's almost the same for me....same problem exactly with the mail, has also caused me some shocks too
    Have no problem with the mobile phone as I always know who is calling and only give number to friends/family. I do have a phobia about the landline and often don't answer or pull out the plug as I don't know who is calling. Hate the answerphone too, have to psyche myself up to listen to messages or just don't bother. I too am fine with email.

Also have issues if the doorbell goes, unless I am expecting someone. I hide and try peep out to see who is there!!

I thought It was only me, it's reassuring to know others have issues with this. Like you I have no idea why......anxiety is a very strange thing eh?

Wonder how many others have this issue...is it common?

Thanks KK for making me feel not so weird with the mail-thing. Even when I can leave the house I check it as little as possible.

True regards messages - I tell people never to leave them unless it's important.

Luckily my dog gives me plently of warning regards visitors which i actively discourage. I live in Aus too, massive property (even by Aus standards).
    I can cope with phonecalls with close friends they usually know its not personal when I say (politely) I'm sick of them. Family tends to drive me crazy though, "Are you alright......................?" etc - i would be if wasn't getting bothered.

To deviate a little due to being (it seems) glued to indoors. My grass is 4ish Ft long and the council has complained - it's bushfire season after all. My inability to go outside looks like costing me fortune paying some idiot to cut it - totally crazy really. Oh well.

I can't do phones at all! One rings and I freak out! I HATE the sound of a phone ringing. I hardly ever answer. When my mobile rings my heart goes like crazy. I'm ok with texts. Don't like phoning out either - have to write down what I'm going to say and panic when it's connecting.

When I'm very low I'm scared of mail and only scared of email when I'm expecting something bad - about bills or a job or I think someone will be unhappy/angry/annoyed at something I've sent. Today I am scared to check my email as I think a work client might be annoyed at something I sent yesterday. So I am scared to check and feel sick when I think of it.

I would say reading all the above posts that we sufferers all have different things that trigger off our anxiety rather than a phobia .
    We are often in a constant state of high anxiety and the wonderful thing known as the brain can direct anxiety to the most peculiar places for no given reason and with time that becomes intense.

Thread Information