Thread: Feel drunk

Feel drunk

My psychiatrist has prescribed me trazodone as I am suffering from panic attacks and anxiety. I am also taking Fluoxetine. It's only 50mg but after taking it Sat eve, Sunday I was like a zombie and felt drunk. I really don't want to feel like that again as I have a phobia about feeling 'out of control'. Not sure whether I should ask if he can lower the dose to 25mg or whether I should continue with 50mg and the zombie affects will gradually lessen?

Re: Feel drunk

hi sue
    i also started at 50mg rising to 100 years ago im now on 250 at night and the effects will lessen the more you take it and its the best tablet ive been on to control anxiety with next to no side effects...persevere for a few weeks and the zombie effect will lessen and also make sure you have something in stomach when you take tablet or it makes ya super dizzy

I take this medication too, I am on 200mg at night and if i take it too early before going to bed i feel absolutely awful.
    it's the funny head, drunk kind of feeling and it also takes a while to wear off in the mornings. BUT it does wear off after a while so you wont always feel like that.

I'm on it as well..in my personal experience 75 mg at night is my limit..if I take anything higher than that my heart rate sky rockets and I have bad insomnia. I take 50 mg for the most part..and only 75mg on Sundays...in which is my worst day for sleep..

I've just been prescribed this and it has made me feel more anxious as i don't like feeling out of control. I began taking it on Monday and by Weds was trying to get hold of my doctor as I was worried that there is something wrong with me. Having finally got back to me yesterday (Fri) the doc insists it is the best thing for me but i feel very anxious still. I'm a teacher and I need to be on form! I feel shocking and I don't know whether it is the anxiety or medication.

hello guys i have just started takin this med this evening and feeling abit frightened after reading this post but i will let u know how i get on .

Thread Information