Thread: The "Bottom" Line... (Sorry - rubbish pun...!)

The "Bottom" Line... (Sorry - rubbish pun...!)

Ok this is a bit grim so apologies now.

About a week and a half ago I went to the loo and it was a bit uncomfortable, almost felt "sharp" on the way out and when I wiped there was a little (only a little bit) blood (bright red) on the paper; just the once, no blood at all since. For the last week or so I've had mild crampy tummy ache - feels pretty much like period cramps - and I feel like I need to go to the loo but I can't go IYKWIM, and I'm feeling windy and bloated. I'm majorly anxious about it and if I'm honest am feeling anxious in general at the moment.

I did go to the Drs when I was feeling similar a couple of years ago (though without any blood) and at that pot she diagnosed fibroids, which she said were pushing everything about inside and were pressing on my bowel. She has also said in the past that she suspects I have some degree of IBS but I've never had tests.

My logical brain is telling me it's a bout of IBS - I've read on here that lots of people describe the exact same symptoms I have and put it down to IBS. However, my anxiety ridden annoying brain is saying that if there's blood I should have gone to the Dr and I'm stressing it's something cancer related. And ok, I googled, and the symptoms are just the same as IBS aren't they.

Do you think I should go to the Dr given the fact that there was a little blood the one time or do you think I should wait and see if things calm down.

Re: The "Bottom" Line... (Sorry - rubbish pun...!)

If there was just a small amount of bright red blood the once, I don't think you have anything to worry about. If it also felt a bit sharp on the way out, then potentially it scratched something on the way down there, or stretched it a bit far if it was a larger bowel movement than normal...

I really really wouldn't worry

CA88 is right, you're constipated by the sounds of it. Your local pharmacy will recommend something to move you along!! You need to drink more fluids and look at your diet, more fruit and veg, wholemeal etc.

Take care

Thanks for the replies. I haven't had any blood other than the one time, and it was sore - I wondeed if it might have been a harmorroid that had got pinched. I have been able to go the loo each morning but I kind of didn't feel like it was enough if that makes sense. Today it's a lot easier but ive had a sore, itchy burning sensation since I went this morning so I'm more inclined towards the haemorrhoids so I've been and got some Anusol to see if that helps. I'm also wondering (though it sounds a bit weird at first) that as I've had a bad cold for the past week and a rotten cough, whether that could have brought on piles?

Could be I suppose! Coughing puts the body under pressure..

Chronic coughing & sneezing can cause hemorrhoids.

Thread Information