Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: head shakes/moves very very slightly - is this just normal?

head shakes/moves very very slightly - is this just normal?

I suffer from horrible health anxiety and as soon as I stop worrying about one thing, another starts! I was wondering if anyone else had noticed my latest worry - when I sit really still, my head moves very very slightly - barely visible (husband says can't see it!) - is this normal? Looked up tremors on net and scared myself - not really a full-blown tremor - wondered if just normal body movement caused by breathing/heartbeat or whatever - a bit like fact that everyone's hands shake a tiny bit?! Can't stop obsessing about it!! Anyone out there shed any light. Thanks

Re: head shakes/moves very very slightly - is this just normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Katbe View Post
    I suffer from horrible health anxiety and as soon as I stop worrying about one thing, another starts! I was wondering if anyone else had noticed my latest worry - when I sit really still, my head moves very very slightly - barely visible (husband says can't see it!) - is this normal? Looked up tremors on net and scared myself - not really a full-blown tremor - wondered if just normal body movement caused by breathing/heartbeat or whatever - a bit like fact that everyone's hands shake a tiny bit?! Can't stop obsessing about it!! Anyone out there shed any light. Thanks

I get this every so often, its nothing to worry about, ignore it and it will go.

i know what your on about, and the more you try to set your mind on stopping it, the more you can feel it happening! it really annoys me, because you feel like that wobbily churchill dog! x

I get that too - it is all because I am holding myself so tensely. It is nothing at all to worry about, just another of these irritating side effects caused by anxiety

wow i get this and have never seen anyone else mention it! i googled it and scared myself. my feet do it too if i cross my legs. my dr. said it's nothing to worry about tho and hearing it happens to others does make me feel better

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! The legs crossed thing is normal I read somewhere on the net. With my head, I notice it because my hair is moving very slightly - guess could just be because of breathing or heartbeat - especially as it makes me anxious and that makes my heartbeat faster and more noticeable!! There is something called physiological tremor which everyone has to some degree - ie everyone's hands shake a bit - maybe our heads shaking slightly is the same thing??

omg! yeah i noticed it because of my hair moving. other than that it can't be seen. so, odds of us both having something bad and obscure must be like 2 million to one then!
    thanks you made my day today

You made mine too - at least there are two of us out there!!

I google around this things and found a number of scary things........

Hearing other people also feel the same. it relieves me a lot........

a little shaky bit when concentrating hard on something or like being still ?

e.g. Its like if u put a thread in needle and at the same time it shakes a bit

it is normal to have such things????????? please reply

Hi everyone - I figured I would bump this thread since it's exactly what I'm experiencing.

Now that the MS scare is done with (Clean office exam and negative MRI), my old Parksinson's fear popped back up.

I could only talk to my neurologist about the MS at the time and didn't have a chance to explain to him my fear of Parkinson's.

I'm a 30 year old male by the way and I weight lift/power lift. I haven't had any of the hallmark Parkinson's signs and I know how rare it is to get PD before 40 years old, but I noticed at my desk at work that I cannot keep my head completely 100% still even when I try to. This is with no head or neck support also as the back of my chair only reaches my upper back. I keep thinking about the shakiness that Parksinson's results in. I don't have a constant tremor in my head but I recorded myself at my desk and occasionally my head will sway a millimeter to the right or left. It's never noticeable unless you specifically look for it.

I haven't had loss of balance or any of the typical PD symptoms. Just wondering if it's normal for a human to NOT be able to keep their head completely 100% still without any kind of support. And I really mean completely still, the same way when you put a book on a table and it doesn't move.

Also, during my in office exam, would my neurologist have caught PD even though he was testing for MS? I never had the hallmark MS symptoms, just a fear of it since my brother has it. He checked my balance, strength, reflexes, etc.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information