Thread: Is it making me worse?

Is it making me worse?

I'm starting to wonder if the Sertraline is just making me more anxious. Any depression I had is gone, appetite is back, sleeping better but I'm still waking up feeling sick and worried and my nerves are on edge, the slightest little things sends me into a spin of anxiety for days.
    Meds have worked so well for me in the past I don't understand why the anxiety hasn't gone this time. I wonder if the Sertraline is causing the anxiety. I'm on week 4, maybe I need to wait longer ??

Re: Is it making me worse?

I hope someone can help you on this problem.

I have just started them today 50mg and I have read a lot of positve things about them. Maybe you need more time for the anxiety to lift. What do you have the most of depression or anxiety?

Have you had bad SE with starting them?

What time of the day do you take yours and what dose are you on?

Cathy xx

Thanks Cathy
    I mainly have anxiety but that leads to depression. I take 50 mg in the morning but thinking about asking for the dose to be increased. I had sickness and loss of sleep for a few days but those were the only real side effects. Maybe I need to just give it longer

Yes I think we need to let them get in to our systems I did hear 8 weeks. Or maybe you need the dose highering.

I am on my 2nd day and I didnt sleep well kept waking up with bad anxiety and fear so I have to try and talk myself out of it. It's bloody awfull I was retching and shaking this mornign but I knwo that is my anxiety.

Hope these work for me. And for you to.

Cathy xx

hi ladies i been reading ur posts as i am thinkin of goin on sertraline but my issue is that one of the side effects is anxiety and nervousness????

That can be a side effect with most SSRIs. It's tricky because then it's difficult to know if it's the side effects or your usual anxiety that you're struggling with. Most side effects disappear after a few weeks so they say you just need to persevere. It's hard I know. Anti-Ds have worked so well for me in the past so I know they can be very helpful. Good luck x

Thread Information