Hi everyone,

I'm a 38 year old guy from Uk who is using this site for the first time. From the age of five I have suffered with anxiety. At first it was just about being late for school or being told off by a teacher. When I was 17 I had my first real panic attack and began to have irrational thoughts and worries particularly about germs and catching illnesses. This really interfered with my study during a levels etc. I was diagnosed with generalised anxiety disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder. The obsessive compulsive disorder is mainly in the area of thinking but sometimes in behaviours too. It is cyclical and usually triggered by stressful life events. The anxiety/ panic attacks have been a real bane of my life however. I have struggled with this on and off for years. Anyway, since october 2010, following a relationship break up, I had a major panic attack on the way to work. Since then I have been unable to leave my flat although I can go out for a few minutes as long as I can see the front of flat. Was just wondering if there is anyone on hear who suffers from agoraphobia/anxiety and has a similar story? Would be lovely to hear from you because as you may know one of the things about this illness is that it makes you feel very .isolated