Thread: Britains got talent advert

Britains got talent advert

Anyone see that advert for your heart during the adverts?! I know most people don't suffer from health anxiety but I really disagree with having thàt advert on tv. It messes with my head every time. It's like a disease this health anxiety, I can't stop my thoughts ,I just keep obsessing over and over.
    Logic tells me that a very low percentage will have this gene but then I say but I might have this gene etc etc. health anxiety is torture

---------- Post added at 03:10 ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 ----------

I would like to be tested for this gene. Is this not the only way of getting to the bottom of this?!? If I did get tested and I found out I didn't have this gene that can contribute to your heart stopping suddenly then I could sleep easy but obviously if I had the gene I'd never sleep again !

Re: Britains got talent advert

My wife has to fast-forward through adverts like that. Recently she's had to reach for the remote control and skip portions of Neighbours as well.

The sort of posters you see in a doctors waiting room are bad for her anxiety too; she has to make a conscious effort not to look at them.

I'm afraid I cannot offer any advice to make you feel reassured about that particular condition. People with health anxiety are going to worry when they see any disease mentioned anywhere (TV, internet, friends chatting). Sadly, if you shut yourself in a darkened room you'd still feel that twinge in your knee/neck/arm which would create panic just as strongly.

I understood that most of the things a person has to do to calm their health anxiety are nothing to do with the particular disease they are currently fearing.

Thread Information