Page 503 of 507 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 5061

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

There tomorrow 8.50am dreading it, never been out that early for many years not a morning person even when no anxiety/depression

You took beta blocker as well as diazepam?
    Doctors are so eager to put meds up and psych are even worse.
    I’m just like you the morning dread, I want to just sit there enjoy the tv but I’m starring at it but not listening.
    I am forever snapping, Mark doesn’t know if he’s coming or going with me.

Did you go send the psych referral?

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Oh I’m going for walk now to see if I can get rid of some more of this adrenaline lol
    Take care xxx

Clio will let you know how appt goes it;s not till 4pm x

Hi everyone.... been a long time... use to be on here as Ewood79 but couldnt get access anymore so started this profile some years ago... Hope all is well... Pink, Nicola, Pip, Gordo, Cheers Jarrod xx

Hi Jarrod, there's a few of us having problems again, myself included, but getting there slowly, been watching your mum's progress, what a brave lady and such a trooper, hope you are keeping well xx

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdove View Post
    Hi Jarrod, there's a few of us having problems again, myself included, but getting there slowly, been watching your mum's progress, what a brave lady and such a trooper, hope you are keeping well xx
    Yes been lovely to have ur support via FB and Nicola also.... think we all have been having some blips of late... that time of the year xxx

Hi All

It’s been a really long time since I posted on here (about five years id say). During that time I’ve been on a constant 37.5mg of venlafaxine and been panic/anxiety free. I put a lot of this down to some CBT and mindfulness I learnt.

Shock of my life last Wednesday when out of nowhere (after a bout of the flu) I had a panic attack. My panic attacks usually last for a good hour and involve sweating/shivers/pins and needles and severe worry/depersonalisation. I drove to A & E but didn’t go in, I had some diazepam from a past flight so I took 2mg got to bed and woke up in the morning feeling very anxious!

Straight down to the doctors on Thursday. My dose was increased to 75mg, and I was given 40mg beta blockers three a day. Which the doctor has since swapped to 80mg modified release twice a day. I have woken up panicking nearly every morning and had issues most nights. Until now I’ve been ok at work but I feel like I’ve been in a constant state of panic since about 5 last night. I took another diazepam last night I was so desperate (which I hate doing).

I honestly feel like I’m getting worse not better. I feel so hopeless!

I can’t remember what’s it’s like upping the dose of venlafaxine. Is this constant/worse anxiety a side effect?

Any advice much appreciated

Xxx
    Last edited by roxy46; 22-02-18 at 14:36.

Hi Roxy, yes it's usual to get a bit of increased anxiety, and feel a bit worse when increasing the dose, it should go away quite soon, and hopefully you will settle on the 75mg. and the beta blockers should help with the physical symptoms till you settle down again.

I myself am going through a relapse, and it's just recently that i am feeling a bit better, but then i stopped my meds last year as i felt better, so i'm starting from scratch, hope you feel better soon xxxx

Thanks Pink. The Beta blockers aren’t really helping like they did the last time I had them. Only been on the extended release ones twice a day since last night, so wondering if they may take time to level out a bit maybe.

I feel shocking I know that! Feel like I’m shaking inside, my head feels numb it’s horrible!

Good to hear that you are feeling a bit brighter again xxx

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Do you all use the diazepam to get you through a dose increase? I worry about using it 😫

I Know how you feel the shaking is horrendous, yes i use daizapam, my gp say's she will wean me off slowly when the time is right, maybe you should ask your gp for propanolol which is a beta blocker, but works quicker, you might have to take it up to 3 times a day, but it might suit you better xx

Hi Pink. I started with the 40mg beta blockers 3 times a day. In a morning I was feeling quite anxious though which was difficult with a 3 year old. I thought the modified release would keep me on a bit more of an even keel. I used to take Inderal back in the day. For the last three days of taking this Bedranol I’ve felt constantly anxious it’s been awful, felt like I couldn’t function. I also felt like I could feel highs and lows of it kicking in like it wasn’t regular. This morning I have taken a 40mg tablet instead and I feel a little relief for the first time in three days. Thanks for the advice Now just to wait for the Ven to kick in xxx

Page 503 of 507 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505 ... LastLast

Thread Information