Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really bad Dizziness

Really bad Dizziness

Ok all day today i have had really bad dizziness. At first i thought i was well ok let me explain my day and tell me what you think
    1.Wake up have toast with butter and orange juice
    2. Rush off to tutoring for 4 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep in mind all i had to eat from 11:45-4:00 was toast with butter.
    3. Come home watch tv and have french bread pizza
    4.continue watching tv go on the computer have a dixie cup (ice cream) with pretzel sticks.
    5. Continue watching tv and computer have a plate of zitti.
    6. Take shower At this point as i am bent over drying my hair i stand up and almost fall down from being dizzy
    7. been depressed and dizzy all day
    Does this mean anything really bad like Vertigo or an inner ear problem or something else? At first i thought it was because it was the fact that i only had toast for all that time but then i ate and it didnt stop. Im scared any thoughts?!?!?[:0]

hi caitlyn, i think your thinking and analysing too much lol, its the nature of anxiety to worry and stare until we find a problem - a good idea would be to find ways that relax your mind.
    i dont know if you've vertigo or an inner ear thingy, if it had happened to me i would have thought blood pressure, anxiety-wise it might be a symptom of 'i think ppl call it de-personalization/de-realization' and you can always factor in the complicated issue of what you have and haven't eaten.
    its possible you might never know for sure, but keep in mind you got through it and will do if it happens again, so try not to be so scared. and cos you've not said, im presuming you had no anx food probs, which is good eh and you managed to do your tutoring - look for the positive. keep posting and let us know how your doing ok, you take care andrew

hello there Caitlyn,

I've had days before just like you've described. Then I'll wake up the next day feeling much better. I'm think it's just a part of suffering from anxiety - we have good days and bad ones.
    Take care.

Sarah (seh1980)

Well i woke up and i still feel slightly dizzy and like pressure in the same place. Im quite scared now.

Hi Caitlyn

One thing I notice from your post is your eating habits.
    The foods you eat arent really well balanced with vegetables and fruit etc and you miss meals. All this could be adding up to the simple fact that you are getting dizzy because your blood sugar level keeps dipping low.
    I get the dizzyness quite a lot but mainly if I havent eaten regularly. Try taking a look at your diet and see if you can make it regular and more healthy and see if that makes a difference?

I hope this helps
    take care
    love Sarah
    xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution

Yes i know it is probably my eating habits, but my emetophobia makes me feel sick all the time. So im afraid to eat.

Hiya Caitlyn

Instead of eating big meals that make you feel full and sick, how about trying to eat little and often?, that might make you feel better if you just eat small portions.
    Just a thought

love sarah
    xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution

Hi Caitlyn,

Your diet is not giving you any long term energy at all.
    It is all short term carbs,nothing with any protein or nutrients at all apart from the OJ which is great but I don't see any additional fluids in there.

If this is an example of how you've been eating its not suprisng you're dizzy.You are not taking in any nutrients to build or sustain your body.
    Many of us would be dizzy after a hot shower and turning upside down, Its a matter of body physics and simple blood pressure changes.

I understand you are limiting yourself food wise but you could have soup/ broth and milk and more juices and if you can manage french bread pizza you can manage quite a lot which is far more useful to you than that is.

I don't think this has anything to do with inner ear at all.

Sarah is so right. Little and often.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

hi caitlyn, like meg said you were dizzy due to having hot shower and drying hair upside down. I have days like that too. I used to get this alot when first had deppression. You remind me of myself few months ago. You seem very anxious, what do you do to relax? x

apriltones

Nothing i wont be able to relax to my weight is back up so i cant eat small portions. I lost more weight now and i dont know how if i've been eating. Meg there was more fluids in there sorry i just forgot to mention them but either way it wouldnt matter because im pretty sure it was just water or Hershey's chocolate milk. I hate my weight. I need it back fast before something happens or im put in a hospital which is my SECOND WORST FEAR. (first would be vomiting).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information