Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Panic Attacks iPhone App

Panic Attacks iPhone App

Hi,

I've been a member of this forum for a long time having suffered terribly with health anxiety and panic attacks which started 10 years ago when I was 21 years old. I was getting daily panic attacks and found that nothing was helping to relieve the symptoms except leaving the situation I was in (supermarket queue, restaurant, crowded place etc). The problem is that leaving isn't always possible (eg if you're on a plane or train), and it's a vicious cycle anyway - if you avoid situations due to panic attacks you only make the panic attacks more frequent, which in my case led to agoraphobia.

It was these panic attacks which led me to develop an iPhone app designed to lessen the symptoms. It's designed to help people cope better with the symptoms without them having to leave the situation they're in. The app is called Panic Attack Aid, and I have based each section of the app on CBT techniques I have learned from all the self-help books I have read about panic attacks.

The sections in the app are:

- Breathing: a visual breathing guide designed to replicate the normal respiration rate of a relaxed individual at rest, which will regulate your fast breathing caused by your panic attack.

- Reassurance: this section explains the many scary symptoms of a panic attack helping you to calm down and feel at ease. The reassurance is tailored to your location, for example at the airport, in a queue, at home, in a crowd.

- Distraction: this section is filled with games and simple mental exercises designed to distract you from your panic attack symptoms. The science being that as soon as you forget about your symptoms and focus on something else, the symptoms diminish.

There are also links to helpful resources for people who suffer from panic attacks, like this excellent website.

Panic Attack Aid is available on iTunes all around the world, has received very good reviews and has been endorsed by leading anxiety charity Anxiety UK as an excellent resource for panic attack sufferers in times of crisis.

If you think that this app will be useful to you, you can download it from the Apple app store here:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pani...396659945?mt=8

Thanks for reading, and any feedback/reviews would be much appreciated.

Mike

Re: Panic Attacks iPhone App

Sounds great. I don't have an Iphone but I'm very happy there are people that are designing apps. Because we have phones with us wherever we go it's an excellent way to help in anxiety/panic situations.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have an android phone?

Yes A Samsung galaxy note 2

thank you very much for this Mike, I have been searching for something to distract me on my phone when I have attacks. Luckily I have an iPhone. I am very excited to try this out

An app for the Samsung would be really helpful, i sometimes look at facebook or the Sun website to distract me on my phone when i feel anxious or an attack coming on but usually come across something regarding some illness or someone dying that makes me worse!

Hya, is this app available for a Samsung Galaxy 3 as I find myself trying to distract myself but panic always seems to creep back and win the battle so would love to try this is if it is?

I downloaded the lite version, I like the distraction ideas, very useful

What do I get in the full version? Is it the breathing stuff etc that you mentioned above??

So far, I like it
    Thank you

Absolutely rubbish, not worth downloading! Loads of much better free apps out there

owlkeeper, Shinymonkey, Jan11 - there is an Android version currently being developed, I will let you know as soon as it's released.

Sandra, Laura - thanks for the feedback. The full version contains the breathing section and the reassurance section, you can read about them here: www.panic-attack-aid.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information