Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suicide

Re: Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    That's exactly what I do !!! Honestly, I'm not making this up. I have also put a fluffy fleece over my face to help. LOL It only lasted a few days for me, but I honestly think it's nothing to worry about. As I say, I've had it before when I've been in A/C and my nasal passages have all dried out. I've never heard of anyone else complaining about it though, you are the first
    I can’t believe how much your post has comforted me. I’m so sorry you are going through the same awful thing but at same time I feel better knowing it’s not just me!

Hiyer, thats ok.....it was a few weeks ago for me actually, and lasted a few nights and was a week or so after the flu. I consider myself HA recovered so it didn't get to me too much. Also I had it this summer on holiday in the A/C and so I knew it would eventually go, even though that was unexplained too.

It drove me potty though; I was huffing and puffing to my husband trying to go to sleep, moaning about everything feeling cold/dry/burning (I don't know how can it feel cold and burning? but I know what I mean). It felt as if there was no moisture in my nose (it even felt dry inside my nose when I touched it) and I felt every 'gust' of air that I took in as if it was an icy blast, right down the back of the nose too into the soft palate. Actually, it felt like I could feel every mm of my passages inside, as the air passed over them it felt horrible and almost unbearable. I just could not get to sleep, it was really uncomfortable and unpleasant.

I found actually that having my nose close up to my arm/hand helped a bit too, as it was warming the air a bit. I'll be honest...and this is how much it was annoying me.....I dampened some cotton wool make-up pads and had those laying over my nostrils at one point lol That didn't work by the way, to save you trying, as they got cold quickly. My husband was like 'Sorry but WHAT are you doing ???'.

The really odd thing about it though, was that by the morning it was gone. Just gone. Then came back the next night. ?!?!?!

Going back to your horrible feeling this morning, as others have said. Remember its TEMPORARY. I assure you how you are feeling now WILL change, remind yourself of that if it feels too much.
    Last edited by Carys; 09-02-18 at 19:36.

Hi lux, Ive spent most of the day feeling the same way , one of my big issues revolves around my breathing the worse the stress the more I'm aware of it , I woke at 3 in a total panic that I couldn't breath my throat and chest were so tight .
    I've had a lot going on for long time which I won't bother you with and taking my life crosses my mind most weeks but Ive seen the way it destroys families and I've experienced several times what it's like to sit in hospital with a loved one who's taken and overdose, its heartbreaking and I know you wouldn't wish that on your kids , you hang in there for your loved ones and hang on to the hope things will get better which they definitely can , get through a day at a time or even an hour at a time until things pick up .
    Take care

Lux, I also made you some 'nighttime anxiety' suggestions, on your other thread. Just saying, as I think you might not have seen that one as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Hiyer, thats ok.....it was a few weeks ago for me actually, and lasted a few nights and was a week or so after the flu. I consider myself HA recovered so it didn't get to me too much. Also I had it this summer on holiday in the A/C and so I knew it would eventually go, even though that was unexplained too.

It drove me potty though; I was huffing and puffing to my husband trying to go to sleep, moaning about everything feeling cold/dry/burning (I don't know how can it feel cold and burning? but I know what I mean). It felt as if there was no moisture in my nose (it even felt dry inside my nose when I touched it) and I felt every 'gust' of air that I took in as if it was an icy blast, right down the back of the nose too into the soft palate. Actually, it felt like I could feel every mm of my passages inside, as the air passed over them it felt horrible and almost unbearable. I just could not get to sleep, it was really uncomfortable and unpleasant.

I found actually that having my nose close up to my arm/hand helped a bit too, as it was warming the air a bit. I'll be honest...and this is how much it was annoying me.....I dampened some cotton wool make-up pads and had those laying over my nostrils at one point lol That didn't work by the way, to save you trying, as they got cold quickly. My husband was like 'Sorry but WHAT are you doing ???'.

The really odd thing about it though, was that by the morning it was gone. Just gone. Then came back the next night. ?!?!?!

Going back to your horrible feeling this morning, as others have said. Remember its TEMPORARY. I assure you how you are feeling now WILL change, remind yourself of that if it feels too much.
    Thankyou for helping me through this. Your post has helped me put things into perspective a little and I actually managed to sleep a few hours last night. I did wake up a few times but managed to drop back off again which is good for me because once I wake I usually find my mind starts racing. Every symptom you described carys is what I have. I was really concerned yesterday because I could feel my nostrils burning inside. And it’s like you said it’s strange to feel the cold yet burning at same time. But now you mentioned you felt the same I feel less anxious knowing it’s probably just this awful illness rather than something more sinister. I slept with my head under the duvet all night. Can still feel it today though but i feel a little bit calmer. I’m sat with heating on high to help my nose yet I’m sweating...can’t win lol.
    Yep I put my nose in my arm to warm the air a bit and if I have to leave the house I’m wrapping my whole face in a thick scarf. Your story about the cotton pads made me smile which felt good after feeling so down since this started. Although it gets to the point where I’ll try anything if it just eases it! I find a warm bath helps ease it a bit.
    Hopefully it will start clearing soon.
    I’m still taking the fluoxintine only on day 5 and noticed was very jittery and anxious this morning which is so unusual for me, I usually get anxious at night times..? Also Appetite is virtually zero. When I do eat I’m usually rushing to loo with bad stomach ache. (Sorry if too much info!). But I’m putting it down to fluoxetine or nerves...
    X

Awwww, poor you, glad I was able to help a bit. If you look up stress/anxiety and its relationship to the nose muscous membranes, there is a link. Funny how we can literally affect every part of our bodies by getting in a pickle about things. Maybe wrong word 'pickle', but I like it as although it doesn't indicate the depth of awful feeling and how terribly it can affect you, it at least makes things seem more light-hearted and temporary. I do think that heavy breathing/hyperventilating and focus on breathing in some way leads you get to that point of 'burning hot cold dry nose syndrome' (we need a better word for it!) It WILL go I assure you, one day you will be there and think - oh, hold on,it isn't there. It will sneak up on you

Just one thing though, has this started since starting fluoxetine? Can't some AD's dry out nasal passages and give you a dry mouth in the first week or so?

Feel free to PM me if you want to about anything, I might not have the answer but I will listen.

Buster - you are right. Sometimes when you are suffering the future and the next day are too much to think you can get through, do it bit by bit, I'll manage the next few hours fine, then the next few hours and the next. THIS isn't forever how you are feeling right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Hi lux, Ive spent most of the day feeling the same way , one of my big issues revolves around my breathing the worse the stress the more I'm aware of it , I woke at 3 in a total panic that I couldn't breath my throat and chest were so tight .
    I've had a lot going on for long time which I won't bother you with and taking my life crosses my mind most weeks but Ive seen the way it destroys families and I've experienced several times what it's like to sit in hospital with a loved one who's taken and overdose, its heartbreaking and I know you wouldn't wish that on your kids , you hang in there for your loved ones and hang on to the hope things will get better which they definitely can , get through a day at a time or even an hour at a time until things pick up .
    Take care
    Hi, Thankyou for your message. It means a lot. Iv had so much lovely support on here I really wish I’d come here sooner. I’m so sorry you are feeling so bad I can definitely relate. How are you feeling today? I hope a bit better. Night time is definitely the worse time for me. Cerys posted some excellent suggestions to pass the time and help take my mind off my anxiety. I really couldn’t ask for more support, you have all been brilliant. The one thing that kept me from doing something stupid was my kids. I felt I couldn’t bare to put them through something so terrible and ultimately it would be them that suffers. You are right I wouldn’t wish that on them. Sometimes though the misery of it all gets too much to bare. That’s when I start to think about ending it all.
    My daughter who’s 11 did a school project where she had to write about herself and I came across it yesterday while sorting her school bag. On it she mentioned everyday she gets up she always makes sure she’s feeling positive about herself and ‘checks in’ on her feelings to make sure she’s in the right frame of mind. It made me feel so upset yet proud reading this. I sat there blubbering. How this little girl can be so aware of how important it is to feel good and positive. I felt ashamed if I’m honest.

How this little girl can be so aware of how important it is to feel good and positive. I felt ashamed if I’m honest.
    ...because her loving super Mummy taught her, and brought her up that way!

My granddaughter is the apple of my eye and my grandson is the first lad around the house so I have phone screensavers and photos around of them to remind me no matter how low I am that I have to stick with it , several freinds have taken that option and I can understand that when things get too bad you can't see how it would affect anyone else you just feel a waste of space and the world would be better without you but it's not the case , your family need you and need you to get better . I'm very close with my granddaughter and we are honest with each other she's very bright , a couple of years ago her young uncle died in not good circumstances, she said to me on the way to school " I'll die one day won't I grandad " I was nearly in tears but said " yes but not for a very very long time " she was only five , people don't give them enough credit for understanding what's going on in the world , I try and teach her there is a lot of good but also bad in the world , should be with them tonight but partner's got pneumonia again so just me and the dogs .
    From experience life can be very cruel but it can get better and good times can be just round the corner .
    Take care

Lux, I'm sure the fluoxetine will be responsible for your unbearable anxiety and also for fixating on uncomfortable physical sensations related to breathing. You may find that the diazepam is really helpful as a short term measure to see you through the worst of the start-up phase. Doctors don't warn you about this and fluoxetine is a very "activating" drug especially if you are extremely anxious anyway.

I would just reiterate all that Buster has said. Your children need you and would be devastated if anything happened to you. You just want these feelings to go away-you don't really want to leave them on their own with all the awful legacy a suicide brings.

I hope just talking about how you feel on here will help you a little. I'm sure a lot of us have been where you feel you are. You will get better and these feelings will become less intense and less frightening.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information